Business Development Account Manager - Trade LA
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Ebay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
Sixteen years ago, 1stdibs was established to help Interior Designers, Architects, and other members of the Trade, find the most beautiful things on earth. Since then, the site has evolved into an e-commerce platform that does much more: follows trends in the industry; spotlights both up-and-coming and revered Designers and Dealers; and enables the Trade to purchase items online on behalf of their clients. We are aggressively looking to grow the team responsible for generating sales and strengthening relationships with the Trade.
The Trade Business Development Account Manager plays a critical role on this team. S/He is responsible for converting members of the Trade who don’t use 1stdibs as a resource for client purchases into first-time 1stdibs consumers; s/he will be goaled on the number of new buyers s/he is able to convert to make purchases on our platform. To be successful, s/he proactively engages and educates Interior Design and Architecture Firms to the benefits of the 1stdibs Trade Program, including Trade-only features that address their unique needs. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys being very hands-on with accounts, and who is comfortable with face-to-face sales visits (local and some that require travel to different geographies). While a passion for design is helpful, experience with consultative and solution selling is our primary criterion.
This exciting opportunity will be working out of our newest office in L.A.
What you’ll do
- Convert prospects to users, specifically: prioritize sales leads; conduct discovery calls; explain the vision of the Trade program and how to use the site; run a show-and-tell demo; follow up with the account until a purchase is made
- Shepherd the client, by liaisoning with the Trade Concierge team, through the full sourcing and purchasing process
- Transition converted accounts to Trade Account Manager through a smooth hand-off that includes a warm introduction and providing relevant account details
- Actively leverage reporting and tracking tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, etc.; adhere to the process and workflows as defined by the Trade leadership
- Act as an advocate of Interior Designers and Architects by funneling key insights and feedback to the Trade leadership
- Proactively raise ideas to grow and improve the Trade Program, e.g., best practice pitches and ways to educate clients; new customers sources; events and trade shows to attend; workflow improvements
- Although goaled against the number of accounts converted into buyers, may also be assessed for win ratio; discovery call completion; discretionary targets; etc.
What you’ll bring
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a fast-paced sales organization at an ad tech, digital, or e-commerce environment. We are in hyper-growth mode, and things change quickly. Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity is essential.
- Track record of success in consultative and solution selling We’re looking for people who are goal-driven and have proven ability to identify, convert/close sales; both in person and over phone
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Conveys information in a clear and concise manner; ask appropriate probing questions; diplomatic in the face of resistance and objections
- Innovative and a self-starter. Constantly seeking ways to build relationships and improve processes, and then taking action to make it happen
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Passionate and knowledgeable about design a plus
- Bachelors degree
- Accounting Analyst
- Account Manager - UK
- Ad Sales Executive - UK
- Business Development Account Manager - Trade LA
- Business Development Account Manager - Trade NYC
- Concierge Product Sourcing Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Dealer Acquisition, Fine Art - UK
- E-Commerce Product Manager
- Front-End Engineer
- iOS Developer
- IT Support Specialist
- Java Software Engineer
- Logistics Coordinator - UK
- Manager, Sales Development Representatives
- Manager/Senior Manager, Growth Marketing
- Marketplace Compliance Specialist
- Marketplace Trust Associate
- People Quant Associate
- Product Manager, Buyer Experience
- Salesforce Administrator
- Senior Front-End Web Developer
- Senior Interaction Designer
- Senior iOS Developer
- Senior Manager, Concierge Service - Trade
- Senior Manager, Service & Customer Care
- Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Trade Account Support Specialist- NYC
- Trade Sales Account Manager
- UX Copywriter
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes