Business Development Manager, London
Our Trade team work with the world's most exciting design firms and we are now launching in London. We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Business Development Manager to join an already flourishing sales team who can help us accelerate our presence and sales internationally.
International expansion for the trade team is one of our top strategic priorities as a company in 2018 and this will be one of our first commercial hires outside of the US. This is a deeply entrepreneurial opportunity working for a growth company with exciting dreams. This full time position is based in London and will report directly to the Head of Trade Sales, UK. You will be a part of a small yet dynamic team, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable in a start-up environment – ready to roll up their sleeves, jump in the trenches, and do whatever it takes to succeed. You will thrive in a constantly changing environment and looking to grow in your role as we expand.
Are you passionate about building partner relationships in a growing and exciting new market? Are you driven to reach your goals whilst delivering exceptional service? Are you excited to be part of a company that is offering an unrivaled service to the design world? Then read on.
You will build relationships with several key personas within your account list including Principals, the design team, and various members of purchasing and procurement teams for interior design and architecture firms across the UK and Europe. You will spend significant time researching and familiarizing yourself with our award-winning design firms in order to develop and execute against account plans to unlock account spend with 1stdibs.com, generating new business, and developing a robust pipeline of spend from our existing clients in the UK and Europe.
You will conduct regular calls, webinars, and travel into the market to foster relationships with both prospective and existing clients while educating accounts on how to source and transact through the 1stdibs.com platform.
You will need excellent presentation and sales skills as well as having proven success in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment. Success will be assessed based on growth in sales from named and prospect accounts.
What You'll Do
- Exceed sales goals for yourself and your team, success will be determined by how much your book of business grows over the course of the year
- Develop and execute against account plans to unlock spend with 1stdibs.com for existing target clients and prospect accounts
- Secure alignment with firm executives and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Educate accounts to be expert users of our platform and tools
- Direct internal resources to support transactional needs, including working with our support, vetting, and dealer teams in the US
- Learn designers’ process, priorities, and pain points to improve market experience
- Capture and maintain a prospect’s interest in transacting with 1stdibs by clearly communicating the benefits associated with being member of our new trade program
- Drive data accuracy and utilization for internal tools and resources
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- Track record of reaching and exceeding bold sales targets in a highly entrepreneurial setting
- 4+ years experience leading client accounts and/or in a sales closing role
- Be a creative, problem solving individual with an eye for detail
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a bold strategy clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management skills and ability to run contending priorities
- Previous exposure or excitement to enter a dynamic growth company
- Experience or an interest for design is a massive plus
- Professional proficiency in an additional languages, especially Italian, French, and/or German is helpful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Associate Editor
- Business Development Executive
- Business Development Manager, London
- Carrier Manager
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Director, Product Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Java Software Engineer
- Marketing Manager
- Marketplace Trust Manager
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Showroom Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Staff Accountant
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Weekend Logistics Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes