Customer Experience Specialist
Designers and architects are extremely valuable members of the 1stdibs marketplace and comprise the fastest-growing consumer segment: Trade. We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Customer Experience Specialist to join a new and growing sales team in the heart London.
International expansion for the trade team is one of our top strategic priorities as a company in 2018 and this will be one of our first Customer Experience hires outside of the US. This is a deeply entrepreneurial opportunity working for a growth company with exciting dreams. This full time position is based in London and will report directly to the Head of Trade Sales, UK & EU. You will be a part of a small yet dynamic team, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable in a start-up environment – ready to roll up their sleeves, jump in the trenches, and do whatever it takes to succeed. You will thrive in a constantly changing environment and looking to grow in your role as we expand.
In this role you will provide a seamless purchasing experience for our Trade clients, ensuring all details of an order are executed with the highest level of service. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized and resourceful individual to join the Trade team in this role.
This is an ideal role for someone who is excited about gaining exposure to our sales team, and the possibility of partnering with our experienced Account Managers to oversee projects for a specific book of interior designers and architects.
What you’ll do
- Provide excellent customer and technical support via phone and email
- Educate clients on how to navigate and utilize the 1stdibs platform, including Trade-specific tools
- Communicate procedures, policies and effectively manage client expectations
- Proactively resolve customer issues using critical-thinking and customer service skills
- Maintain a calm and positive demeanor with all clients, colleagues, internal and external contacts
- Multitask and utilize multiple systems concurrently to efficiently gather customer and order information and respond to inquiries
- Collaborate with internal departments including sales, logistics, finance, and dealer account management to ensure a smooth, seamless luxury experience
What you'll bring
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a fast-paced customer service, account management, or e-commerce environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail and the ability to identify and anticipate customer issues by asking probing questions
- Patient and thick-skinned, able to handle escalated clients in a calm manner and diffuse challenging situations
- Strong time management and the ability to prioritize
- Collaborative team player who is always thinking about the department/company goals and always willing to step up and help out
- Solid computer skills, Salesforce knowledge is a huge plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Director, EU Account Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Gallery Associate
- Gallery Coordinator
- Gallery Lead
- Gallery Operations Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Payroll Associate
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes