Director, Retention Marketing
We are looking for a Director of Retention Marketing to evolve and execute a lifecycle and engagement marketing strategy that will maximize customer activations and lifetime value. This role owns the email channel, which plays a critical role, but programs will extend across channels (e.g. website, push notifications, retargeting, direct mail, promotional incentives, etc.).
With millions of customers browsing 900,000 different pieces of beautiful jewelry, furniture, fashion, and art, personalizing the experience is a critical leverage point to drive conversion and retention and this position plays a leading role in continuing to build on our established foundation.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Marketing, this role will build out manage a 7- person team primarily focused on consumer demand strategy, but also acting as an internal agency for teams leveraging the email channel in a B2B capacity reaching professional designers and sellers on our platform.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, coach and mentor a team of skilled marketers (some positions in place, some approved to be hired) that drive growth
- Help drive registered users to make their first purchase through a compelling and confidence building cross-channel brand introduction
- Drive increased orders per customer cohort by evolving personalization - particularly through email and push notifications - with support and partnership from internal product teams and a 3rd party partner
- Work cross-functionally (social, curatorial, customer experience, product, editorial, design and paid media) to create and implement compelling programs and messaging that increase the lifetime value of existing customers users
- Manage team responsible for third-party ESP relationship and day-to-day operations of all customer-facing e-mail and push marketing (both promotional and triggered campaigns)
- Partner closely with the product team to test and improve our transactional notifications
- Create, measure and optimize programs through A/B testing, segmentation, and personalization
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience building, implementing and analyzing successful e-mail/customer marketing programs
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to leverage insights to create successful marketing programs
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort manipulating large volumes of data.
- knowledge/experience with e-commerce, e-mail marketing, and CRM tools and a creative mind to leverage them in new ways.
- A track-record of managing and mentoring team members to achieve wins and career growth.
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor your language and style based on the very different groups you'll be working with (CEO, engineers, junior marketers, customer experience reps, etc).
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented approach, with an ability to multi-task
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Services Specialist
- Concierge Support Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Director, Analytics
- Director, Product Management
- Director, Retention Marketing
- Editorial Associate, SEO Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing Associate
- Email Marketing Manager
- Executive Assistant to the CMO & CPO
- Front-End Engineer
- Gallery Sales Coordinator
- In-House Counsel
- Java Software Engineer
- Junior QA Engineer
- Lead iOS Developer
- Manager, Marketing Promotions
- Marketing Manager, Consumer Sales
- New Business Account Executive
- Partner Manager
- People Business Partner
- Product Manager - Growth
- Product Manager - Seller Experience
- Product Manager - SEO
- Revenue Operations Analyst
- SEM Associate
- Senior Analytics Implementation Specialist
- Senior Email Marketing Associate
- Senior Manager, Paid Media
- Senior Manager, Supply
- Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- Senior Marketing Analyst
- Senior Marketing Manager, Jewelry
- Senior Product Designer - Trade
- Senior Product Manager
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst - FP&A
- SEO Manager
- Strategic Finance Analyst - Demand
- Technical Marketing Analyst
- Temporary Events Manager
- UX Researcher
- VP, Integrated Marketing
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes