We at 1stdibs are looking to hire a Gallery Lead for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future. This role will be focused on delivering world-class service to our distinguished Trade buyers as well as supporting this small but dynamic team in all aspects of a successful Gallery, particularly selling high-end furniture, accessories, and art.
Are you passionate about creating luxurious, beautiful experiences while selling rare, unique and elevated product? Are you an eloquent communicator and a people person who loves cultivating relationships and pulling together clients, business partners as well as internal teams to execute with a sales and service mindset? If so, we would love for you to join the 1stdibs family.
In addition to sales and service, you’ll be working closely with 50 of 1stdibs’ most exciting sellers and fostering deeper relationships with the Trade, their clients, and our seller community. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery and our website.
As a creative and passionate luxury sales guru, you will bring 3-5 years of relationship selling experience with high-net-worth clientele and businesses. In a supervisory capacity at our new Gallery, you should be willing to rise to a challenge and jump in and get your hands dirty - no task is too big or too small for you. From receiving a shipment, to closing a sale, you want to learn, iterate and perform in a dynamic, quickly-evolving environment. You are comfortable with change and possess a can-do attitude, the ability to multitask, high emotional intelligence, and strong critical thinking which will make you flourish in this role.
What you’ll do
- Be a 1stdibs brand ambassador to all clients who visit the Gallery and lead by example for all team members, embodying one of our core values, ‘Create beautiful experiences’
- Mentor and guide junior team members. Handle all escalations in the absence of the Manager and make judgment calls as needed
- Carry out the opening/closing procedures of the Gallery and support with all operational and logistical tasks as needed
- Lead on the floor selling and meet and exceed personal sales and service criteria while contributing to team goals
- Ensure the Gallery represents the best-in-design by utilizing visual directives, presentation, and general housekeeping standards
- Assist with the maintenance of Gallery procedures in order to maximize profit and manage expense control goals (e.g., scheduling, managing shipments, controllable expenses, and supplies)
- Managing load in/out of new/sold stock and ad hoc picking and packing of sold items
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of retail and/or Gallery experience, with 1+ years in a leadership capacity
- A functional knowledge of the luxury retail sector as well as an interest in high-end design
- Understanding of when and how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts and proven ability in “closing the deal” and developing repeat clientele
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service and a willingness to go above and beyond in order to ensure a beautiful customer experience
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs and to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the Gallery floor, stock room and office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Ability to work select evenings and weekends for events is required.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist
- Director, EU Account Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Gallery Associate
- Gallery Coordinator
- Gallery Lead
- Gallery Operations Coordinator
- Java Software Engineer
- Payroll Associate
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Designer
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes