Head of Customer Experience and Operations
1stdibs is seeking a Director of Customer Experience and Operations to oversee our large Trade Customer Experience team as well as our Sale Operations and Firm Management team. This role will directly over see the managers who look after each of these key divisions. Our Trade team works with the world's most exciting design firms and this role is right at the center, ensuring one of a kind service.
This role reports into the VP of Trade, and will help define and deliver a service experience that matches the 1stdibs luxury brand promise as well as being responsible for generating sales forecasting, productivity, CRM maintenance and other sales support functions.
Do you have experience and a passion for growing and nurturing managers? Do you know how to build out metrics for service/operations and have a passion for 'saying it with data'? Do you have experience within an e-commerce and/or fast pace digital company? Are you a natural problem solver? Then this is the role for you!
You will get to join a growing, fast-paced and engaged team, where you will have a hand in shaping how 1stdibs delivers service to our design firms. As well as helping to defining and improving processes for sales and service teams & identifying new tools and technologies that will unlock value for the teams.
This is an evolving function within a growing company, so comfort with ambiguity, change, and very hands-on work is meaningful. It’s crucial for the person who joins us to be a dedicated leader, coach, and advocate for their team. You will be a broad operator with success leading managers who can hire, scale and retain a dedicated and passionate team.
What you'll do
- Manage and develop a number of managers who oversee:
- Customer Experience - serves a global base of interior designers and architects
- Sales Operations - Oversees Trade Sales Team operational processes to drive sales and efficiency
- Firm Management - manages the approval process for firms to join the Trade Program and ongoing data integrity
- Help define the standards of service,for each of the teams above
- Develop a training and development program to accelerate onboarding and continually build the skills of the teams, which are rapidly scaling
- Handle the metrics to ensure we deliver on our standards of service and lead continuous improvement efforts to drive higher performance
- Partner with sales to ensure sales reps are passionate about relationship building and growing share of wallet from accounts, while customer experience team is focused on ensuring purchases are a seamless experience
- Operate as a strategic adviser to GM on strategic action plans, programs, and projects to improve operational efficiency, processes, systems, long-term planning, and team performance
- Understands the Trade Sales & service process and how Salesforce should work to support it
What you’ll bring
- 6-10 years experience working in a leadership role within a Customer Service, Operations team, working in a leadership role within a Sales, Customer Service, or Operations team, sales
- 3+ years scaling and leading a growing team, including managing managers
- Overseen a team of 10+ customer-focused associates and operations functions
- Experience within a digital/e-commerce environment and a firm understanding of the online shopping experience
- A history of leading customer service and sales organizations through periods of rapid growth
- Proven experience demonstrating and implementing technology solutions to optimize team performance; deep familiarity with Salesforce
- Analytically strong, with experience using Excel, Salesforce and other tools to analyze, run and report on team performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to establish relationships with subordinates, peers, executives and clients
- Experience working with analytics and generating business insights
- Ability to think strategically to provide, implement and optimize processes and workflows
- MBA is a plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Carrier Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Business Development - London
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- iOS Developer
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Market Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Sales Development Representative
- Salesforce Administrator
- Sales Manager
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes