Market Development Manager
We are launching a new role for an Market Development Manager within our Trade team to accelerate our presence and sales among top interior design firms in the US. Trade is one of our top strategic priorities as a company in 2018 and a major driver for company’s revenue growth.
This is a highly entrepreneurial opportunity working for a growth company with ambitious goals to help the interior design industry navigate and take advantage of digital disruption. This full time position is based in New York, but with heavy travel. You will report directly to the Director of Strategic Sales.
You will be responsible for engaging and developing relationships with C-level and other senior designer/purchasing contacts at interior design firms across the US that do not currently partner in a meaningful capacity with 1stdibs but have the potential to do so. Your goal will be to generating significant interest to grow their spend with 1stdibs.com
You will conduct regular calls, webinars, and travel into market to further their relationships with prospective and existing target accounts. You will also identify partner relationships for 1stdibs to explore further to drive the Trade business.
You will have demonstrated success in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership, as well as having excellent presentation and sales skills. Success will be assessed based on activations in purchasing from prospect accounts and growth of target accounts.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute against account plans to unlock spend with 1stdibs.com for prospect accounts
- Support strategic growth events and operations strategy targeting the highest potential interior design firms across the region
- Drive data accuracy and utilization for internal tools and resources
- Other duties as assigned
- 50%+ travel
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience and interest in the interior design industry
- Track record of reaching and exceeding aggressive sales targets in a highly entrepreneurial setting
- 6+ years experience in a sales closing role
- 2+ years’ experience as proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Excellent time management skills + ability to manage competing priorities
- Previous exposure to or willingness to enter a fast paced growth company
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Coordinator, Private Client Services
- Customer Service Specialist
- Director of Marketing
- Employee Experience Associate
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Business Development - London
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist
- Java Software Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Market Development Manager
- Marketing Manager, Email and Operations
- Private Client Services, Sales Associate
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- Sales Development Representative
- Salesforce Administrator
- Sales Manager
- Senior Customer Support Specialist - (German Speaking)
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
- Sr. Account Executive, Trade
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes