Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
Jewelry and Fashion Private Client Specialist - New York, NY
Jewelry is one of the fastest growing verticals at 1stdibs and we are looking for a Jewelry and Fashion Private Client Specialist to further fuel this amazing category. Are you passionate about creating luxurious, magical experiences while selling rare, unique and elevated product? Are you an eloquent communicator and a people person who loves cultivating relationships and pulling together clients, business partners as well as internal teams to execute with a sales and service mindset? Are you intrinsically motivated by success and numbers and strive to marry luxury goods with distinguished collectors? If so, we would love for you to join the 1stDibs family as part of our Private Client Team.
This elite team of specialists owns selling and servicing for our most discerning clientele. As a part of this team, you will nurture existing clientele, cultivate your own book of business and provide high-touch support to our high net-worth collectors.
As a creative luxury sales guru, you will bring 3-5 years of relationship selling jewelry experience with high net-worth clientele. While every client interaction necessitates a flexible, tailored approach, you know to also operate with structure, using data to inform your decisions. Comfortable with change, the ability to multi-task, high emotional intelligence, and strong critical thinking will make you flourish in this role.
In return, we offer a collaborative team of some of the most passionate, driven and creative people gathered under one roof. Collectively, we tap into our expertise to ensure our customers receive exemplary experiences, resulting in a consistent increase in sales, happiness and brand loyalty.
What you'll do
- Grow the jewelry/fashion business and establish a book of VIP Buyers, driving repeat purchases through service excellence
- Engage new-to-1stdibs buyers to identify and remove friction in the purchase process; shepherd these buyers through their first several purchases to build dedication
- Liaise with 1stdibs dealers to negotiate on behalf of clients and improve purchase conversion rates
- Support all pre-and post-purchase service requests to deliver on the 1stdibs brand promise
- Manage all service and sales activity within Salesforce
- Collaborate with a team of experienced and knowledgeable jewelry specialists in order to provide subject matter expertise and tailored support to clientele
- Creatively troubleshoot and remedy any client complaints
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated track record of success in luxury sales roles, preferably roles requiring phone-based end to end interactions
- Understanding of when and how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts about “closing the deal”
- Validated expertise in building buyer loyalty to increase repeat purchases
- Disciplined, repeatable sales process. Familiarity with CRM platforms such as SalesForce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to form relationships with clients & peers
- Experience with fashion and jewelry sales is required
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.
- Back-End Engineer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- Client Enablement and Onboarding Manager
- Customer Enablement and Content Delivery Manager
- Data Engineer
- Director, Product Management - International
- Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Employee Experience and Communications Director
- Executive Assistant
- Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- IT Support Specialist
- Logistics Payable Coordinator - Part-time
- Private Client Specialist - Furniture/Art
- Private Client Specialist - Jewelry/Fashion
- Product Designer
- Product Designer – Buyer Experience
- Product Manager, Logistics
- Product Manager, Search
- Product Manager, Structured Data
- Salesforce Admin
- Senior Director Logistics
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Product Manager, Message Center
- Senior Social Media Manager
- SEO Associate
- SEO Senior Manager
- Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales
- Strategic Client Associate
- Trade Business Development Associate
- Web Analytics Administrator
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits