1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Accountant to join our team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized and has a proven ability to adapt, and work well on a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and diverse team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will have significant responsibility for key month-end close procedures, improving the timing and accuracy of our internal and external financial reporting, implementing processes to improve operational efficiencies, and working closely as a finance business partner with the rest of the organization.
What you’ll do
- Support the accounting and SEC reporting processes, including month-end close, account reconciliations, internal/ external reporting and analysis and overall maintenance of the company’s accounting records.
- Support the cash flow for multiple bank accounts and ensure accounts are reconciled on a daily and monthly basis.
- Prepare month-end close journal entries, account reconciliations supporting journals, and supplementary schedules
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of robust internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Assist to develop improved processes and policies and to drive financial discipline across the company.
- Perform certain operational functions, such as weekly dealer payments, reconciliations of eCommerce revenue to cash receipts, and reconciliations between credit card processor and accounting records to ensure complete and accurate recording of transactions.
- Effective and timely research accounting or documentation discrepancies.
- Work directly with FP&A and SEC Reporting teams, as well as with other departments to promote a more efficient and focused financial reporting package.
- Assist with compliance, including audits and other filings.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA
- You have Minimum 4 years of accounting experience (mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred)
- You have strong knowledge of US GAAP
- You have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are self-motivated, personable, and a team player
Nice to have
- Experience with marketplaces preferred
- Experience using either NetSuite, similar ERP systems, and/or Workiva a plus
Our overall compensation package is made of several parts, base compensation being one of them. At 1stDibs we value and are proud of our culture, innovation, professional development and training workshops, trust and giving back to the community. Equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentive (IF APPLICABLE) are all are components of your total compensation package. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.
Total Compensation Statement
1stDibs is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining top talent who drive the business forward and help us achieve our mission and vision. The company’s Total Compensation packages are designed to reward performance, be fair, equitable, and competitive, and consist of base salary, equity (where applicable), and health and work-life benefits.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits