Social Media Art Director
Creating beautiful experiences is what 1stdibs does best: those with a love of design visit our platform for aesthetic inspiration and unique products. Our social platforms are one of our most immediate reflections of our brand, and we’re looking for an accomplished and savvy Social Media Art Director to join our dynamic in-house creative team.
In this newly created role, you will work with a small but mighty social team in addition to creative and passionate colleagues in merchandising, editorial, and graphic design to help define and refine the expression of the 1stdibs brand through our social channels.
If you are someone who loves to brainstorm and develop original creative concepts while maintaining a keen eye for design and detail, you may be an ideal candidate for us, and we may be your ideal next opportunity; as a member of our in-house creative team, you’ll work with a gorgeous, ever-changing supply of material throughout multiple channels and fields of design. What could be more beautiful than that?
What you’ll do
- Create visual assets (both still and video) for 1stdibs social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Collaborate to express 360 campaigns through the lens of social
- Create social-first campaigns
- Bring a deep understanding of social and platforms trends to the creative team and push the 1stdibs brand forward
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of relevant art direction experience, including video
- Refined eye and high taste level
- Ability to take social ready photographs and video
- Experience with video and video editing
- Experience with motion graphics
- Must be extremely proficient on Mac platform with high-level skills in Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver)
- Outstanding visual design skills with an innate understanding of layout, color, and typography
- The drive to work independently and appreciation of working with a group
- Superior problem solving skills
- Empathy when understanding and interpreting a stakeholder’s needs
- Respect of branding principles
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge and appreciation of luxury home goods and/or jewelry a plus
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Success Specialist - Design Manager
- Director, Email and Lifecycle Marketing
- General Manager - SaaS
- Head of Talent Acquisition
- Java Software Engineer
- Lead Product Designer
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
- Marketing Associate - Design Manager
- People Business Partner
- Private Client Coordinator
- Senior Manager, Client Experience
- Senior Product Designer
- Senior Product Manager - iOS
- SEO Senior Associate Manager
- Social Media Art Director
- Strategic Finance Analyst
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes