UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
We are looking for a UX Copywriter to join our Customer Marketing team on a temporary basis and create clear and compelling copy that improves our customer experience and drives sales. This role will partner with internal Design, Product, and Marketing teams to create and optimize material to bring to market via our website, app, email, direct mail, and phone channels.
In this role, you’ll report to the head of Customer Marketing and have high visibility across the organization with a chance to shape the 1stdibs brand voice and drive significant sales growth. In addition to being a strong writer with a track record of testing wins, you need to be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects across multiple channels.
This position will be temporary for three (3) months with the possibility of extension.
What you'll do
- Work with Product and Interaction Design teams across the company to introduce users to our brand, drive engagement with platform features and ultimately drive sales and satisfaction with language that is clear and compelling throughout the customer journey on site, in our app and via email
- Partner with our Email Marketing and Creative Services design team to highlight the world’s best design while driving intended customer actions (opens, clicks, conversions) via subject lines, headlines, body copy and calls to action
- Collaborate with the Paid Media team to write compelling ad copy for search ads, banner ads, postcards, and content marketing headlines
- Work with 1stdibs’ Customer Service team to answer common customer questions and close sales via support center articles, templates for customer service reps, and outbound phone scripts
What you'll bring
- The ability to work with 1stdibs for at least three (3) months
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of copywriting experience with extensive direct marketing and website user experience copywriting
- Expertise to write sharp, concise and on-message copy
- Track record of driving business growth
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates clear and concise website copy and compelling direct response writing
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
Not required but a bonus (traits that would make for the ideal candidate)
- Passionate about design
- Previous experience working across a variety of teams within an organization
Please include a cover letter and 3-4 relevant writing samples that include direct response and website user experience copy. Only candidates who provide samples will be considered for this opportunity. A link to an online portfolio is ideal (please include URL on resume), but we will also accept other concise written samples.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Carrier Manager
- Events and Marketing Associate
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- Java Software Engineer
- Junior QA Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- QA Engineer
- Salesforce Administrator
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Sr Manager, New Business Sales and Partnerships
- Strategic Account Executive
- Strategic Planning - Supply lead
- Trade Concierge Specialist
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes