We are currently looking for an exceptional Vetting Specialist with a background in appraising world-class objects to support our clients with authenticity research. This role will be responsible for shaping the best possible experience for our users with a focus on documentation.
As a Vetting Specialist, you will be responsible for the review of products within the vintage and antique furniture vertical, working with our dealers, and monitoring listings that allow our buyers to find and purchase luxury goods with ease.
What you’ll do
- Proactively assist in resolving customer issues using research, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Multitask; Effectively and accurately utilize multiple systems concurrently and accurately capture all customer & order information
- Collaborate with internal departments including logistics, finance and account management to support sales account manager in ensuring a smooth transaction of orders
- Maintain a calm and positive demeanor with all clients, colleagues, internal & external contacts
- Communicate expectations, policies, procedures, and excitement for the Brand and Products to customers clearly and thoroughly
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years experience in appraising furniture and decorative arts using agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of decorative arts required; Brazilian, French, or Swedish a plus
- Possess strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills with a deep understanding of the value of research and authenticity
- Strong ability to use documentation, research, and data to inform decision making
- Comfort with a dynamic, high growth environment
- Bachelor's degree required and Masters degree in material culture or decorative arts a plus!
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Carrier Manager
- Events and Marketing Associate
- Head of Customer Experience and Operations
- Head of Growth, Jewelry
- International Logistics Specialist - UK
- Java Software Engineer
- Junior QA Engineer
- Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager, Rewards
- Product Manager, Traffic Growth
- QA Engineer
- Salesforce Administrator
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Sr Manager, New Business Sales and Partnerships
- Strategic Account Executive
- Trade Concierge Specialist
- UX Copywriter - Temporary Role
- Vetting Specialist
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes