- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pablo PicassoMan and Woman Homme et femme
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingCustoms Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Artist
One of the most prolific and revolutionary artists the world has ever seen, Pablo Picasso had a tremendous impact on the development of 20th-century modern art. Although he is best known for his association with the Cubist movement, which he founded with Georges Braque, Picasso’s influence extends to Surrealism, neoclassicism and Expressionism.
“Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction,” the Spanish artist proclaimed. In Picasso's Cubist paintings, he emphasizes the two-dimensionality of the canvas, breaking with conventions regarding perspective, foreshortening and proportion. Picasso was inspired by Iberian and African tribal art. One of his most famous pre-Cubist works is Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), a painting considered immoral and shocking at the time for its depiction of nude women whose faces resemble Iberian tribal masks.
Picasso made many portraits in this style, most often of the women in his life, their expressively colored faces composed of geometric shards of surface planes. In Woman in a Hat (Olga), 1935, he painted his first wife as an assemblage of abstract forms, leaving the viewer to decipher the subject through the contrasting colors and shapes. Picasso was a tireless artist, creating more than 20,000 paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics and sculptures. Tracing his life’s work reveals the progression of modern art, on which he had an unparalleled influence.
Browse an expansive collection of Pablo Picasso's art on 1stDibs.
- Sleeping – Double Portrait Martha Liebermann Schlafende – Zwei studien von MarBy Max LiebermannLocated in London, GBMAX LIEBERMANN 1847-1935 1847 - Berlin - 1935 (German) Title: Sleeping – Double Portrait Martha Liebermann Schlafende – Zwei studien von Martha Libermann, ca. 1895-1900 Technique...Category
1890s Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Reclining Woman with Horseriders - Chinese American Art Watercolour InkBy Walasse TingLocated in London, GBWALASSE TING (1929-2010) [Ding Xiongquan] Wuxi 1929 – 2010 New York (Chinese/American) Title: Reclining Woman with Horseriders Technique: Stamp Signed Watercolour on Handmade Pape...Category
20th Century Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Ink, Watercolor, Handmade Paper
- Parisian Street SceneBy George GroszLocated in London, GBGEORGE GROSZ 1893-1959 1893 - Berlin - 1959 (German/American) Title: Parisian Street Scene, 1926 Technique: Original Hand Signed Pen and Ink Drawing on Laid Paper Size: 48...Category
1920s Expressionist Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- A Couple in Architectural CityscapeBy Bela KadarLocated in London, GBBELA KADAR 1877-1956 Budapest 1877-1956 (Hungarian) Title: A Couple in Architectural Cityscape, circa 1930's Technique: Original Signed Ink Drawing on paper size: 29.5 x 2...Category
1930s Cubist Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Surrealist composition with Arm (Ink)By Camille BryenLocated in London, GBCAMILLE BRYEN 1907-1977 [CAMILLE BRIAND] Nantes 1907 – 1977 Paris (French) Title: Surrealist composition with Arm (Ink), circa 1935 Technique: Original Signed Ink Drawing on A...Category
1930s Surrealist Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Horse and RiderBy Bela KadarLocated in London, GBBÉLA KÁDÁR 1877-1956 Budapest 1877-1956 (Hungarian) Title: Horse and Rider, circa 1920's Technique: Original Hand Signed Pencil Drawing on Paper Paper size: 23.5 x 30 cm. / 9.3 ...Category
1920s Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
You May Also Like
20th Century Modern Nude Drawings and Watercolors
1970s Post-War Portrait Drawings and Watercolors
1950s Post-War Animal Drawings and Watercolors
Paper, Pencil, Color Pencil
1960s Post-War Figurative Paintings
1950s Figurative Drawings and Watercolors
India Ink, Pen, Watercolor
2010s Contemporary Portrait Paintings
Ink, Archival Ink, India Ink, Mixed Media, Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Gou...
Early 2000s Contemporary Figurative Paintings
Oil Crayon, Other Medium, Oil Pastel, Pastel, Wax Crayon, Emulsion, Ink,...
2010s Contemporary Figurative Drawings and Watercolors
Graphite, Other Medium, Paint, Paper, Charcoal, Crayon, Oil Crayon, Oil ...
Early 2000s Contemporary Figurative Paintings
Archival Paper, Handmade Paper, Vellum, Pen, Felt Pen, Pencil, Gesso, Ca...
2010s Contemporary Figurative Paintings
India Ink, Mixed Media, Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Gouache, Archival Pape...
Featured in Popular Artists
20th Century Black and White Photography
2010s Pop Art Portrait Prints
Archival Paper, Screen
1940s Contemporary Photography
Early 2000s Minimalist Abstract Prints
1980s Pop Art More Prints
Black and White
Recently ViewedView More
Science Uncovers Hidden Truths behind Young Pablo Picasso’s Blue Period
From 1901 to 1904, Picasso limited his palette to bluish hues in producing some of his most famous early works. A new show looks at the recycled materials, hidden underpaintings, surprising influences and bohemian lifestyle that led to their creation.
Who Are the Most Popular Artists on 1stdibs?
Learn the stories of some of the world's most recognizable artworks and their makers.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery