Suzanna OrlovaMoths Series #2
Moths series of three are being painted in a manner of articulation through metaphor. The portraits in the series depict three ladies, with each trying to remember something forgotten long time ago. And only in their dreams it comes as a lightest touch of a moth. The series #2 shows a lady holding a bouquet of thistles. She tries to smile but sharp spikes remind her about all the danger she came from.
About the Artist
Suzanna Orlova exclusively uses shades of red and black in her watercolors. This is largely because she was born color blind. Her vision deficiency did not stop her from being interested in painting at a young age, and honing her skills as a self-taught artist. Suzanna’s work is haunting, eerie, and emotional. The painterly realism she employs in capturing her subjects is technically remarkable for the water-based media she uses. Bordering on surrealism, each painting leaves the viewer feeling deeply moved. Suzanna lives and works on Vancouver Island, Canada.
Moths Series #2
Watercolor painting on paper
Ready to frame
Signed on front
18 in. h x 12 in. w
0 lbs. 2 oz.
- ArtistSuzanna Orlova
- Creation Year2018
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsMoths Series #2. Suzanna Orlova. Watercolor painting on paper. Ready to frame. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front.
- DimensionsH 18 in. x W 12 in. x D 0.1 in.H 45.72 cm x W 30.48 cm x D 2.54 mm
- Gallery LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberLU92213695232
- Seller Reference Number60874
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.