Items Similar to Renoir-esque Impressionist Little Girl France Paris 19th Century Belle Epoque View More
Fernand de LaunayRenoir-esque Impressionist Little Girl France Paris 19th Century Belle Epoque
Fernand de Launay was born in Lyon in 1838. He exhibited regularly at the Paris Salon, and - from 1878 onwards- at the Salon des Artistes Français. Although it is commonly said that he died in 1890, the French artist dictionary Benezit argues that de Launay exhibited in Paris until 1900, and received an honorable mention in 1896, two years after the work presented her was painted. Our lovely Renoiresque little girl with her rosy cheeks is signed and dated 1894 at the upper right. Painted on a mahogany wood panel, the size of the painting is 35 x 27 cm. Presented in a more recent frame, the overall framed size is 46 x 38,5 cm
- ArtistFernand de Launay (1838 - 1890, French)
- Creation Year1894
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsOne hairline scratch in the background (as documented on close-up photo)
- DimensionsH 13.78 in. x W 10.63 in. x D 0.4 in.H 35 cm x W 27 cm x D 1 cm
- Gallery LocationNorwich, GB
- Reference NumberLU99133089661
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Located in Norwich, GB
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
The Girl looking on
Kendal Coles Hopkins
1930s Art Deco Figurative Paintings
Mesmerising oil by Kendal Coles Hopkins (American 1908- 1981). This is one of the most exciting and engaging pictures I’ve come across of late. Looking at the painting is almost li...
1940s Expressionist Portrait Paintings
Engaging and interesting portrait of a young woman, 1949, by Andrée Séailles (1891-1983). It is a gorgeous character study - is the young lady moody? Determined? Thoughful? Paint...
French Barbizon Country Scene, Manner Of Galian...
Late 19th Century Impressionist Landscape Paintings
his landscape, dating from the late nineteenth century, is very much in the style of the artists working in the Seine-et-Marne region, such as Eugène Galien-Laloue, who had a house i...
Snow In The Park, Dresden Palace, German 19th C...
1890s Impressionist Landscape Paintings
The Palace gardens in the Snow, by Dresden Impressionist Edmund Körner (1873 -1930). Körner was the master student of Gotthart Kuehl, and is renowned for the way in which he handles...