Items Similar to Untitled - A boy playing a Rommelpot or Foekepot (friction drum or rumblepot). View More
Jan van der BruggenUntitled - A boy playing a Rommelpot or Foekepot (friction drum or rumblepot).
Mezzotint engraving on laid paper. Watermark: Early coat of arms of Amsterdam. Made by Jan van der Bruggen after Godfried Schalcken. Jan van der Bruggen (1649- after 1714) was born in Brussels. He was active as an artdealer/printmaker in Paris and Vienna. Van der Bruggen specialised in mezzotints. Godfried Schalcken (1643-1706) was born near Dordrecht. He produced art with a classical touch, which was very popular in the last part of the 17th. Century.
- ArtistJan van der Bruggen (1649 - 1699, Flemish)
- Creation YearCirca 1690
- Condition DetailsMargins cropped to the image edge, some creasing. General age-related toning and occasional minor defects from handling.
- DimensionsH 7.84 in. x W 6.15 in.H 19.9 cm x W 15.6 cm
- Gallery LocationZeeland, NL
- Reference NumberLU59232708873
- Seller Reference Number67568 LA-C3-05
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Zeeland, NL
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
Jan van der Bruggen
Late 17th Century Portrait Prints
A man with a skullcap wringing his hands while seated at a table on which a globe. The man seems to be crying, and his clothing is damaged. From a set of two depicting Heraclitus and...
Untitled - A physician at work.
Jan van der Bruggen
Late 17th Century Baroque Interior Prints
A physician performing a bloodletting or shoulder operation on a howling patient with an assistant close by. Mezzotint on hand laid (verge) paper. Made by Jan van der Bruggen after D...
Agatha Vlack Petri Schenck uxor.
17th Century Portrait Prints
Mezzotint engraving on laid paper. Watermark: I. Villedary. Reference: Hollstein 927. Made by Pieter Schenck after own design. Pieter/ Petrus Schenk / Schenck the elder (1660-171...
Johann Jakob Haid
Mid-18th Century Portrait Prints
('Fire'). Depiction of a woman with two pigeons. Mezzotint engraving on hand laid (verge) paper. Made by J.J. Haid after Joseph Christ. Johann Jakob Haid (1704–1767) was a German en...