Items Similar to "Under the Tree," Striking Mid-Century Scene by Heitland for Liberty Magazine
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
"Under the Tree," Striking Mid-Century Scene by Heitland for Liberty Magazine
A striking and bold example of illustration art, this scene of a young man in a bathing suit conversing with an elegant woman in her car coat, was drawn by Wilmot Heitland for Liberty magazine. Like a scene out of "Far From Heaven," the conversation hinted at here suggests a clash of cultures or classes. Heitland is best known for painting High Society scenes for countless magazines in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s, but he also loved to capture the local natives when he travelled to tropical locales such as Hawaii and the Dominican Republic. (Dimensions include full margin of board.).
- CreatorWilmot Emerton Heitland 1 (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 15 in. (38.1 cm)Width: 22 in. (55.88 cm)Depth: 0.1 in. (2.54 mm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1950
- ConditionMinor smudge on the male figure; stains on outer margin.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU86516573353
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$20Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0,arrives in 6-11 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
275 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 3 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in Philadelphia, PAAn early and important example of graphic design by a woman artist, this striking drawing for "Plastics" in ink ...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Drawings
- By Robert LambLocated in Philadelphia, PAStark and sensuous at the same time, this drawing was made by Robert Lamb in 1953, shortly after he graduated fr...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern DrawingsMaterials
- By Eduard Buk UlreichLocated in Philadelphia, PADrawn by one of the great muralists for Radio City Music Hall -- Eduard Buk Ulreich -- this beautifully detailed...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PADrawn with a remarkable economy of line and high energy, this Cubist-Art Deco winter street scene in New York de...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PAThis striking portrait of a sophisticated, beautifully groomed young man holding a tennis racket, his straw-colo...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
- By John B. LearLocated in Philadelphia, PAMuch like Salvador Dali, who continued to create his mysterious and puzzling landscapes long after Surrealism ha...Category
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Drawings
You May Also Like
Monotype by Luez, Framed Under Glass
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Monotype by Luez, framed under glass, 20th century. Measures: H: 71 cm, W: 54 cm, D: 2.5 cm.
20th Century French Drawings
US$593 Sale Price
20th Century Oil on Board Italian Signed Genre Scene Painting The Washerwomen
Located in Vicoforte, Piedmont
Italian painting from the first half of the 20th century. Framework oil on board depicting a genre scene The washerwomen of good pictorial quality. Small framework, for antique deale...
Early 20th Century Italian Paintings
New York Scene by George Schwacha
By George Schwacha Jr
Located in St.Petersburg, FL
A framed NYC watercolor by well listed artist George Schwacha. A jazzy cityscape that is full of energy and life. George Schwacha was born in 1908, died in 1986, he was a president o...
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Drawings
Harbour Scene with Oceanliner by Molenaar
Located in Water Mill, NY
1939, harbour scene with oceanliner by Molenaar in a wood frame under glass.
Vintage 1930s Drawings
19th Century Watercolour Scenes of Jackson Hole, Wyoming by George Beard
Located in Salt Lake City, UT
This 19th century work on paper depicts three representations from Jackson Hole, Wyoming: The mountainous view of Lower end Jackson Lake, a golden sky above the view of upper end Jac...
Antique Late 19th Century American Paintings
"Giraffes in a Grove of Trees" by Waylande Desantis Gregory
By Waylande Gregory
Located in New York, NY
By the renowned Art Deco sculptor and designer Waylande Desantis Gregory (1905-1971). This charming mixed-media work on paper features beautifully stylized giraffes in a grove. The d...
20th Century American Art Deco Drawings
Glass, Wood, Paper
EH Shepard Vintage Original 1936 Drawing on Paper for Punch Magazine
Located in Jersey, GB
- Satirical illustration from EH Shepard for a 1936 edition of Punch magazine - Original artwork signed by the Winnie the Pooh artist - Originates from the Shepard family's own...
Vintage 1930s Historical Memorabilia
Watercolor Under-Glass Signed and Dated Perrey, circa 1888
Located in Stamford, CT
A watercolor under-glass signed and dated Perrey, circa 1888. A naked beauty standing on the moon. This highly sought after American artists work was acquired from a Northern New Jer...
Antique Late 19th Century American Art Deco Paintings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery