Chanel Rhinestone Eagle CC Logo Leather and Chain Belt or Necklace
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Switzerland, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- CHANEL Red Satin Braid Signature Woven Chain Link CC Logo BeltBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHClassic CHANEL signature satin braid chain link belt CC logo chain Engraved with „CHANEL“ „CC“ and „08 C“ Total length approximately 105cm, adjustable Comes in CHANEL padded...Category
Early 2000s French Belts
- NEW Chanel Turquoise Cork Camellia Straw Details Slide Sandals Heels CC Logo 37By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHThis impressive pair of leather sandals are a style statement in itself. Keep it simple yet gorgeous in these sandals from the house of Chanel. Stay comfortable and effortlessly luxu...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Unique HERMES Printed Silk Structured Safari Hat „Cavaliers d‘Or“By HermèsLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful HERMES printed silk twill structured safari hat Unique, rare piece Off white background with gold Greek Scythian art jewelry print throughout Fu...Category
20th Century French Hats
- NEW Gucci Embroidered Floral Suede Horsebit Platform Wedge Sandals High Heels 8By GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning pair of Gucci suede platform wedge sandals high heels with beautiful hand-embroidered details on heels Gucci Signature horsebit on front...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- CHANEL Nude Knit Maxi Evening Dress Kaftan Tunic Beach Pool Cover Up 38By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning CHANEL maxi kaftan tunic dress Knitted with beautiful details CC logo plate in pink-gold color in front So versatile - Wear it over your favourite bikini or swimsuit for a c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Maxi Dress
- NEW Missoni Crochet Knit Playsuit Romper Mini Jumpsuit Overall 40By MissoniLocated in Switzerland, CHGet in on this spring's jumpsuit trend with this sorbet toned style by Missoni. Slip it on over a bikini by day or team with glossy heels for a hot evening look. Classic MISSONI sig...Category
2010s Italian Jumpsuits
- Chanel Vintage 90’s Runway Rhinestone Double Strand CC Diamond BeltBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Multicolor Rhinestone Belt This stunning belt is a creation of small gold link settings each securing a rhinestone with a prism of color. The front of the belt features a do...Category
1990s French Belts
- Roberto Cavalli Black Patent Leather Gold Tone Logo Stone BuckleBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Bilbao, ESRoberto Cavalli Black Patent Leather Gold Tone Logo Stone Buckle 46 95 Italy Belt DETAILS Color: Black Measurements: 115 cm 45,27inches L x 2,5cm 0,98 inches W Item Name NWT ...Category
1990s Italian Belts
- ETRO Leopard-Print Leather Belt with the Iconic Pegaso Brass BuckleBy Etro, Veronica EtroLocated in North Hollywood, CAVintage ETRO leopard-print leather belt, nude calf leather leopard print with punch-hole detailing adjustable fit and metal with Pegaso cut out brass buckle fastening. Brass bucle cut out with the iconic Pagaso horse with wings...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Belts
- 1980s Judith Leiber Purple Patterned Leather Belt with CabochonsBy Judith LeiberLocated in Toronto, Ontario1980s Judith Leiber rich jewel toned purple patterned leather belt. Art Deco silver metal details at buckle with gold tone trim. Purple, green, orange, ...Category
1980s American Belts
- Chanel Vintage CC Logo Medallion Gold-Tone Necklace Belt, France, 1990sBy ChanelLocated in Praha 2, Hlavní město PrahaChanel gold-tone triple “necklace” belt featuring a CC logo medallion, made in France, 1990s. The belt is stamped. Very classic and great for everyday ...Category
1990s French Belts
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery