- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
F/W 1995 Gucci by Tom Ford Oversized G Logo Buckle Dark Green Leather Belt
- DimensionsHeight: 2.5 in (6.35 cm)Length: 35 in (88.9 cm)Marked Size: 75/30 (NA)Waist: 30 in (76.2 cm)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionAltered (not by designer). Light scratches and oxidation from age. One peg hole added to make belt fit larger waist size.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2388214277852
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Tom Ford for Gucci
At the time, the internationally renowned Italian label was better known for leather goods than luxury fashion. It was also nearly bankrupt. After creative director Dawn Mello left in 1994, following a Bahrain-based investment group becoming Gucci’s majority shareholder, Ford was named creative director. The American designer soon infused the brand with a fresh sensuality and bold style.
Ford's potent vision of sexed-up femininity spanned everything from shirts to shoes to other accessories at Gucci — he reimagined the house's iconic double-ring-and-bar Horsebit hardware, a reference to the brand’s equestrian history, as a seductive low-slung belt, worn by Madonna when accepting an MTV video music award in 1995. For his fall show during that year, in which Kate Moss walked down the runway in an unbuttoned satin shirt, velvet hip-huggers and tousled hair, heralded an exciting, glammed-up era for the once fusty brand. Vogue critic Sarah Mower called it “one of those hitting-in-the-solar-plexus moments.”
As Ford shot to fame, he continued to explore plunging necklines, such as in the black and white looks of the Fall 1996 collection, and sumptuous fabrics like leather and tweed, with the Fall 2000 ready-to-wear collection ranging from sultry silk evening dresses to plush belted coats.
Ford also cranked up the seduction in the provocative ads for Gucci, particularly with regard to campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, which the fashion house acquired in 1999 (Ford was also named creative director for YSL and designed the brand’s ready-to-wear collection). Gucci's Fall/Winter 1997 campaign featured Carolyn Murphy grasping Angela Lindvall in what looked like a video still; in another shot, a face pressed against a foot in a lipstick-red heel. Each promoted a vision of modern fashion where women were sexually confident, the materials were luxurious and the styles were fearless.
In 2004, Ford and Gucci president Domenico De Sole left the company after failing to agree on the renewal of their contracts. In 2006, with De Sole as chairman, Ford launched his wildly successful eponymous menswear label. Today Ford is also an author, film director and chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- F/W 2002 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Ad Obi Braided Black Silk Wide Wrap Waist BeltBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an incredible black floral silk Gucci Obi belt, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 2002 collection, this belt debuted on the season's runway in several ...Category
Early 2000s Belts$971 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2002 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Ad Obi Braided Leather Wide Wrap Waist BeltBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an incredible brown leather Gucci Obi belt, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 2002 collection, silk versions of this belt debuted on the season's runwa...Category
Early 2000s Belts$971 Sale Price25% Off
- S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Wood Leather Chain Link Cutout BeltBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful brown leather and wood Gucci belt, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 1997 collection, this belt features laser-cut rings connected with l...Category
1990s Italian Belts$596 Sale Price25% Off
- NWT F/W 1996 Gucci by Tom Ford Oversized Gold Horsebit Yellow Leather BeltBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an iconic yellow patent leather Gucci belt, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 1996 collection, this incredible new with tags belt features a vibrant ye...Category
1990s Italian Belts$1,196 Sale Price25% Off
- S/S 1988 Gianni Versace Ad Oversized Rhinestone Black Ribbed Satin Black LeatherBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a stunning black wide Gianni Versace belt, designed by Gianni Versace. From the Spring/Summer 1988 collection, this beautiful cloth belt features a ribbed fabri...Category
1980s Italian Belts$693 Sale Price25% Off
- S/S 2003 Dolce & Gabbana 'Sex & Love' Padlock Chain Eyelet Leather BeltBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a stunning black leather and silver-tone metal Dolce and Gabbana belt. From the Fall/Winter 2003 collection, this belt debuted on the season's runway as part of...Category
Early 2000s Italian Belts$746 Sale Price25% Off
- 2000s Tom Ford for Gucci Elasticated Black Leather Waist BeltBy Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GBGucci by Tom Ford black elasticated leather belt, hook closure, solver front buckle Condition: 2000s, excellent, very light sign of wear Measurements: max length: 98 cm/38.5cm - ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Belts
- Vintage 1970s GUCCI Gold Chain Buckle BeltBy GucciLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1970s GUCCI Gold Chain Buckle Belt Measurements: Buckle Height: 1.37 inches (3.5 cm) Wearable Length: 32.67 inches, 33.66 inches, 34.64 inches (83 cm, 85.5 cm, 88 cm) Featu...Category
1970s French Belts
- Gucci Belt in Brass and Enamel Circa 1980By GucciLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1980 Italy Fine Vintage belt in brass and enamel with the logo of the famous colors of the Gucci House Designer of Florence in Italy and dating from the 1980s. Shiny polished ...Category
1980s Italian Belts$426Free Shipping
- Gucci 1970s Brown Suede Gold / Silver Two Tone Logo Vintage 70s Thin BeltBy GucciLocated in San Diego, CAIconic 1970s GUCCI women's brown suede leather thin belt ! Two tone silver and gold hardware matches anything. Can be paired with jeans, shorts, a skirt, or over a dress. In great co...Category
1970s Italian Belts
- NEW Gucci by Tom Ford 2003 Black Waist Waspie Wide Hourglass Corset Belt 40By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful black GUCCI waist corset belt From GUCCI by TOM FORD'S famous Fall / Winter 2003 collection Mat gold hardware discreetly engraved with "GUCCI" Made in Italy Size 40 Flawles...Category
Early 2000s Italian Corsages$1,036 Sale Price20% Off
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Letter Caviar Leather BeltBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Letter Caviar Leather Belt Measurements: Buckle: 2 4/8 inches Height: 1 6/8 inches Overall Length: 36 inches Will fit waists: 28 inches to 30 inches Features...Category
20th Century French Belts
Recently ViewedView More
This Versace Minidress Is the Epitome of Y2K Red-Carpet Style
Ready to party? So is this dress.
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.