- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
John Galliano Vintage Floral Applique Newsboy Cap by Stephen Jones
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$80 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About John Galliano (Manufacturer)
John Galliano, the British fashion designer known for his genre-breaking collections, has an unconventional creative spirit that has usually led to his being misunderstood. Born in Gibraltar but raised in South London by strict Roman Catholic working-class parents, Galliano attended the all-boys Church of England grammar school, where his flamboyance and interest in art attracted the attention of bullies. Eventually, Galliano ended up at the prestigious design and art school Central Saint Martins College (then called Saint Martin’s School of Art), where fellow British designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen also trained.
Galliano flourished at Central Saint Martins. While a student, he worked in the costume department at the National Theatre in London. His graduate collection in 1984, dubbed “Les Incroyables” and named for post–French Revolution fashion lovers, was modeled by close friends of his and earned a standing ovation. The line ended up in the storefront windows of London luxury boutique Brown’s on South Molton Street, and Galliano’s first official collection — after he graduated — debuted at Paris Fashion Week in 1989.
In the early 1990s, Galliano’s relationship with his financial backer, Plein Sud’s Faycal Amor, ended, and by 1994, he was broke and sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and then-Vanity Fair editor André Leon Talley stepped in and introduced the budding designer to Portuguese socialite and fashion patron São Schlumberger and others. At Schlumberger’s Hôtel Particulier, Galliano’s shows became the stuff of fashion legend. His collection, a blend of Japanese modernist style as well as nostalgia for Art Deco and 1940s’ tailoring, earned raves in glossy magazines and garnered the attention of Princess Diana, Nicole Kidman and Madonna, among other fashion luminaries.
Once the Galliano name was well known among the world’s most stylish set, the chairperson of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, appointed Galliano head designer of French fashion house Givenchy. One year later, in 1996, LVMH moved him to the design team at Christian Dior, where he produced scores of celebrated looks for Dior Haute Couture. In 2011, the French luxury brand suspended Galliano’s contract — and eventually fired him — for widely publicized anti-Semitic remarks he made during a drunken tantrum, shocking such longtime fans as Natalie Portman, who was then the face of Miss Dior Cherie fragrance. The designer apologized in court, asserting that he does not espouse the views he shared during the incident. In 2013, Anna Wintour brokered a temporary design residency for Galliano at Oscar de la Renta. Today, he is the creative director of Maison Margiela.
Shop a collection of silk dresses, handbags, jackets and more designed by John Galliano at 1stDibs.
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAEric Javits Plush Leopard Print Velvet Wide Brim Hat Size 57 or 58 In excellent conditionCategory
1960s HatsSize: 22.5$175
- By John GallianoLocated in San Francisco, CAJohn Galliano Vintage Rose Pink Ruffled Bias Cut Dress Size 36 Bust 36" Waist 30" Hips 39" Length 42" Excellent ...Category
1990s Day Dresses
- By Christian Dior, John GallianoLocated in San Francisco, CAChristian Dior by John Galliano Leather & Lace "Bar" Jacket. I've had this in denim and lace before, but this s...Category
1990s JacketsSize: 36$1,100 Sale Price21% Off
- By John GallianoLocated in San Francisco, CAJohn Galliano Vintage Cherry Print Dress with Leopard Print Details. The John Galliano rubber label has fallen o...Category
1990s Day Dresses
- By Christian Dior, John GallianoLocated in San Francisco, CAChristian Dior by John Galliano '99 Yellow Dress with Bows and White Coral Beaded Collar. This is so special. Th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary T-ShirtsSize: 38$800 Sale Price42% Off
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Hats
Late 20th Century Hats
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery