VINTAGE CHANEL HANDMUFF BLACK & WHITE LOGO
View Similar Items
VINTAGE CHANEL HANDMUFF BLACK & WHITE LOGO
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Shearling and Cashmere PillowBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Grey & Black CC Shearling & Cashmere Pillow - Shearling front with CC logo in grey and black hues - Soft cashmere felt back - Concealed top zip and removable cushion pad Mat...Category
- CHANEL CC Black White Fur Leather Winter Ski EarmuffsBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition Fur Leather Inner Circumference 17.25" 100% Authenticity Guaranteed by NEWFOUND LUXURYCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Muffs$2,500 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel CC Logo Gray Rabbit Ear MuffsBy ChanelLocated in West Hollywood, CACHANEL CC Logos Ear Muffs Ear Warmers Gray Fur Accessory Authentic. Sport collection. Come with original dust cover.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Muffs
- Rhinestone and mink muff with rhinestone strap Daniel SwarovskiBy Daniel SwarovskiLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRRhinestone and mink muff with rhinestone strap.Pocket with zip ( lenght: 12 cm ) strap lenght = 100 cm Lenght of the muff= 20 cm X 12 cm LIKE NEWCategory
2010s French Muffs
- Hermes Avalon PillowBy HermèsLocated in London, GBHermes Ecru & Gris Clair Cashmere-Blend Avalon Pillow Small Model - Small model of the iconic Avalon pillow featuring a geometric tone-on-tone pattern, with house H in each order - ...Category
2010s British Muffs$1,067
- 1930s Cocoa Brown Silk Velvet Purse/MuffLocated in San Francisco, CA1930s Cocoa Brown Silk Velvet Purse/Muff with detailed ruching along the top and arm openings. The top has a zippered compartment with an etched celluloid zipper-pull and brass links...Category
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery