- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Gucci Horsebit Lizard Swarovski Crystal Mules Heels Sz 7
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Leesburg, VA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VALeather Gucci Heels Runway Cruise 2007 Brand New * Chocolate Brown Leather * Clogs ~ Mules * U.S. Size: 6 * Wood...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes$645 Sale Price39% Off
- By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VATom Ford For Gucci Heels Brand New & Very Rare * Stunning in Gold Python We are Gaga over the 'House of Gucci' m...Category
Early 2000s Shoes$1,800 Sale Price20% Off
- By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Horsebit Heels Brand New * Stunning in Red Snakeskin * Studded Gold Heel * Size: 7.5 * Leather Insole * Op...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes$645 Sale Price54% Off
- By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Horsebit Heels Brand New * Stunning in Satin Horsebit * Iconic Gold & Swarovski Crystal Horsebit Toe * Si...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes$675 Sale Price31% Off
- By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Cruise 2007 Wedges Size: 7.5 Brand New * Stunning Gucci Flora Wedges * Runway Cruise 2007 Line * Famous Fl...Category
Early 2000s Shoes$775 Sale Price21% Off
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Shoes
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
2010s Riding Boots
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery