Chanel Beige Sunglasses w/ Studs
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: West Palm Beach, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Porsche Design Aviator Style Vintage SunglassesBy Porsche DesignLocated in West Palm Beach, FLPorsche Design Aviator Style Vintage Sunglasses These unique sunglasses are in excellent vintage condition. The glasses come with their own case. Measu...Category
1980s Austrian Sunglasses
- Stella McCartney Blue and Black SunglassesBy Stella McCartneyLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThese Stella McCartney sunglasses are and electric blue and black enamel. The lens are black with a slight cat eye. The sunglasses are in excellent condition with minimal wear. Purch...Category
21st Century and Contemporary English Sunglasses
- Dolce & Gabbana Black Suede Slingback w/ Gold Leather and Snakeskin - 38.5By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in West Palm Beach, FLDolce & Gabbana Black Suede Slingback w/ Gold Leather and Snakeskin - 38.5 These suede slingback heels are in excellent condition. They have a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- Jimmy Choo Earth tones Snake Sandal - 38.5By Jimmy ChooLocated in West Palm Beach, FLJimmy Choo Earth tones Snake Sandal - 38.5 These amazing Jimmy Choo snake skin heels are in excellent condition. There is a beautiful woven detail in...Category
2010s English Shoes
- Christian Louboutin Earthtones Snake Peeptoe Slingbacks - 42By Christian LouboutinLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChristian Louboutin Earthtones Snake Peeptoe Slingbacks - 42. These peeptoe slingbacks are made of earthtone colored snake skin. The heels are a burgundy color patent leather They a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shoes
- Emilio Pucci Black Satin Strappy Sandal Heels w/ Rhinestone Detail - 41By Emilio PucciLocated in West Palm Beach, FLEmilio Pucci Black Satin Strappy Sandal Heels w/ Rhinestone Detail - 41. These beautiful heels are in excellent condition with only minimal wear to the sole from minor use. They fe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- new VERSACE 2019 Runway Signature Medusa rhinestone crystal sunglasses LimitedBy VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew VERSACE 2019 Runway Signature Medusa rhinestone crystal sunglasses Limited Reference: TGAS/C00040 Brand: Versace Designer: Donatella Versace Colle...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sunglasses
- Vintage One-Of-A-Kind "Peggy Guggenheim" Style Masquerade FramesLocated in New York, NYThis wicked "one of a kind" Peggy Guggenheim-style lens-less Masquerade frames are accented with faux diamonds throughout. Frames are of black lucite, with a silver hardware ...Category
1950s Unknown Sunglasses
- Chanel Light Brown Gold Crystal CC Color Tinted Rimless Kylie SunglassesBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILMetal Crystal Gold tone Made in Italy 100% authenticity guaranteedCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Sunglasses
- 1990s Romeo Gigli Beige SunglassesBy Romeo GigliLocated in Lugo (RA), ITRomeo Gigli beige mask sunglasses with thin titanium temples. Please note, this item cannot be shipped to the US. Years: 90s Made in Italy Width: 15,5 cm Height: 4 cmCategory
- New Vintage Pierre Marly Cocktail Oversized Avantgarde 1960's SunglassesBy Piere Marly, Pierre MarlyLocated in Baleares, BalearesNew Avant garde bug eyed frame " Pierre Marly “ Cocktail “ sunglasses. Spotless light brown lenses. Amazing color straight from ...Category
1960s French Sunglasses
- Vintage Emmanuelle Khanh 8380 69 Translucent Red France SunglassesBy Emmanuelle Kahn, Emanuelle KahnLocated in Baleares, BalearesClassy And Eye Catching Vintage Emmanuelle Khanh Paris. Strong And Stunning Frame. A Must Have Piece! This Pair Is A Class Statement, A Must Hav...Category
1970s French Sunglasses
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery