Christian Dior Silk Striped Blouse with Volant Detail by Marc Bohan 1970s
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 23.23 in (59 cm)Marked Size: 44 (EU)Bust: 20.48 in (52 cm)Waist: 19.3 in (49 cm)
- Style:1970 (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:A tiny stain on the left sleeve – really small, like the head of a pin. Close-up shot of the stain provided with the pictures.
- Seller Location:AMSTERDAM, NL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3393218720012
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: AMSTERDAM, Netherlands
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Ted Lapidus Purple Military Blouse 1970sBy Ted LapidusLocated in AMSTERDAM, NLTed Lapidus 1970s purple blouse with military / uniform style shoulder details and pockets. The blouse has a typical 1970s collar and beautful bright purple hue. BRAND DESCRIPTION ...Category
1970s French Blouses
- Marina Sitbon pour Kamosho Paris Baroque Print Silk Blouse 1990sLocated in AMSTERDAM, NLMarina Sitbon pour Kamosho Paris brown, gold and cream baroque print silk blouse from the 1990s. This Kamosho Paris silk blouse has a baroque, opulent, V...Category
1990s French Blouses
- D&G Dolce & Gabbana NWT Sleeveless Grey Tanktop Spencer Vest Top 1990sBy D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in AMSTERDAM, NLDolce & Gabbana D&G vintage sleeveless top, new with tags/ deadstock. This dark grey embroidered top by D&G features a V-neck and a zipper that goes all the way down the back. There’s a floral embroidery on the front with some sequin details as well. The black on black D&G label was only used in the very beginning of the brand. BRAND DESCRIPTION Having their first show in 1985, Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana have been known for sexy designs from the beginning. The D&G label from Dolce & Gabbana that this dress is from was launched in 1994, first for menswear and later for womenswear too. MATERIAL COMPOSITION 64% wool, 30% polyester, 6% elastane outer 55% viscose, 45% polyester lining FLAT MEASUREMENTS Marked as a size IT38, would recommend it to an EU36 / Small Shoulder to shoulder: 33 CM Chest (measured armpit to armpit): 41 CM Waist: 38 CM Bottom: 40 CM Length: 53 CM MADE IN Made in Italy STATING ANY FLAWS OF THE ITEM HERE None, the item is new with tags SELLER INFO Anouk Océanne started selling vintage under the name Rêveuse Vintage...Category
1990s Italian Blouses
- La Perla Occhi Verdi Y2K Mesh Leopard Print Lingerie Bustier Top 2000sBy La PerlaLocated in AMSTERDAM, NLLa Perla Occhi Verdi mesh leopard top with lime green accents from the early 2000s. Featuring covered, padded cups and sheer bodice. A corset style lace up closure is on the back. The lime green bow accents contract nicely with the mesh leopard print. There are 4 lime green garter straps included, these can be removed or added to taste and use. BRAND DESCRIPTION Occhi Verdi is a diffusion line of Italian luxury lingerie brand La Perla. Occhi Verdi presents younger, more fun-loving designs within the La Perla Group. MATERIAL COMPOSITION 90% polyamide, 10% elastane FLAT MEASUREMENTS Marked as a size IT2 / EU75 / UK34 / USA 34 Would recommend for a size small with a B cup. Chest (measured armpit to armpit): 37 CM Waist: 31 CM Length: 36 CM MADE IN Made in China STATING ANY FLAWS OF THE ITEM HERE None SELLER INFO Anouk Océanne started selling vintage under the name Rêveuse Vintage...Category
Early 2000s Chinese Blouses
- Jiki Monte Carlo Creations Plissé Lace Sleeveless Top with Bow detail 1990sBy Jiki Monte CarloLocated in AMSTERDAM, NLPlisse pleats top with lace details by Jiki Monte Carlo. Features adjustable shoulder straps that can be tied into a bow, and a full length zipper on the side. Lace appliqués on the top and bottom hem. MATERIAL COMPOSITION Material label has faded over time. It seems to be a synthetic blend. FLAT MEASUREMENTS Marked as a FR40 – would recommend for an EU36 / Small Chest (measured armpit to armpit): 39 CM Waist: 36 CM Length: 40 CM MADE IN Made in France STATING ANY FLAWS OF THE ITEM HERE No flaws SELLER INFO Anouk Océanne started selling vintage under the name Rêveuse Vintage...Category
1990s French Blouses
- Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Velvet Satin Eveningwear Longsleeve Top 1970sBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in AMSTERDAM, NLYves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche velvet and satin evening wear top with long sleeves from the 1970s. The top features a slit on the back, four plastic buttons with passementerie rope c...Category
1970s French Blouses and Tops
- Hermes Navy Balles de Golf by C Vauzelles Silk ShirtBy HermèsLocated in Paris, FRHermes navy silk shirt "Balles de Golf" by Christiane Vauzelles featuring a navy ground and a golf ball print all over in contrasting ecru, a front button fastening, a straight hem,...Category
1990s French Shirts
- NEW Gucci Exotic Python Snake Skin Mat Leather Top Shirt Blouse 42By GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHA very special piece by GUCCI From Gucci's special exotic skins collection Such an elegant, sophisticated and classy piece that works with everything - so versatile Shirt top made ou...Category
2010s Italian Shirts
- UNWORN Salvatore Ferragamo Jungle Tropical Print Silk Blouse Tunic 38By Salvatore FerragamoLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning tunic blouse by Salvatore Ferragamo Finest printed silk Wonderful jungle theme print all over Closes with gold-colored clasp engraved "FERRAGAMO" Buttons engraved with FERRA...Category
2010s Italian Blouses
- Comme des Garcons White Button Up Blouse Top/ Shirt with Cream Wool Knit SleevesBy Comme des GarçonsLocated in Sparks, NVAvant garde white sheer button up blouse with cream wool knit sleeves by Comme des Garcons. Unlined with front button closure. Front patch pocket. Sleeves are 100% wool and the body...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Blouses
- Jean Colonna New Beaded Sheer Panel Top 1990sLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous black beaded top from Jean Colonna. It is sleeveless with a crew neckline and a front sheer panel adorned with an elaborate pattern of black ...Category
1990s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Jean Paul Gaultier Strap Back TopBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Water Mill, NYA gorgeous cobalt blue fine knit top from Jean Paul Gaultier. It has short sleeves with a small V neckline, front draping and fabulous black straps under the semi sheer V back matchi...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
Recently ViewedView All
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.