2000S ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Silk Brocade Frock Coat Jacket From The Shipwreck Colle
About the Item
British fashion designer Lee Alexander McQueen, the original creative engine behind the Alexander McQueen label, was beloved for his expert tailoring and theatrical runway shows. After his suicide in 2010, fans left tributes to the man and his talents outside Alexander McQueen boutiques worldwide. Record-breaking crowds visited the posthumous retrospective of the designer’s work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the Victoria and Albert in London.
McQueen’s inspirations came from many quarters — film, music, current events, history, his heritage and fashions of the past. His runway presentations were not just displays of clothing but were personal expressions of the zeitgeist, often touching on our cultural anxieties and concerns. McQueen’s own thoughts and feelings about love, death, gender, genocide, colonialism, global warming and the extinction of species all appear in his pieces.
“What you see in the work is the person himself. And my heart is in my work,” McQueen told Harper’s Bazaar in 2007. It is perhaps this heart, and the heart’s exposure, that drew the crowds and made McQueen creations both popular and emotionally resonant. Because the work was personal and thus layered with feeling, the motifs — decorative embellishments and fabric choices — have meaning. In other words, in McQueen’s oeuvre, plaid is more than simply a pattern.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- 1940S Orange, Brown & Green Tropical Cotton Twill Men's Hawaiian Surfer Fish PriLocated in New York, NY1940S Orange, Brown & Green Tropical Cotton Twill Men's Hawaiian Surfer Fish Print Swim ShortsCategory
- 1930S Peach Silk Tie Front Bed Jacket With Embroidered Net Lace TrimLocated in New York, NY1930S Peach Silk Tie Front Bed Jacket With Embroidered Net Lace TrimCategory
1930s Car Coats
- 1990S Pink Organic Cotton Traditional Japanese Floral Motif KimonoLocated in New York, NY1990S Pink Organic Cotton Traditional Japanese Floral Motif KimonoCategory
- 1960S Cream Silk Beaded With Pearls & Crystals Evening CoatLocated in New York, NY1960S Cream Silk Beaded With Pearls & Crystals Evening CoatCategory
- Dolce & Gabbana Runway Yellow and White Striped Robe Coat Swim Coverup, 2013By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce and Gabbana Spring 2013 wide sleeve robe inspired swing coat in white, putty, yellow, orange, black, and brown painterly stripes. Textured weave. Patch pockets at front. Open f...Category
2010s Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Documented Gianni Versace Couture 1992 Runway Jacket with BowsBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Amsterdam, NLCOLLECTORS ITEM- documented An iconic Gianni Versace Couture jacket from spring 1992 ready to wear show, one of Versace's most important and sought after collections. Material: 15 %...Category
1990s Italian Coats and Outerwear
- GIANNI VERSACE Trench Coat in Light Beige Wool Size 48 ITBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Paris, FRGianni Versace trench coat, size 48 it, in very light beige wool. In very good condition. The lining is in Bemberg fabric with an unbleached monogram. Dimensions flat: shoulders 4...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Trench Coats
- Pelush Ivory Tapestry Couture Coat with Embroidered Botanical Flowers - SmallBy Pelush - Luxury Faux FursLocated in Greenwich, CTThe Elizabeth Pelush ivory tapestry Couture coat with embroidered botanical flowers is a one of a kind exclusive piece. Crafted with the most beautiful handmade multi colored sparkli...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Coats
- Traina-Norell Mod Ivory ¾ Coat with Contrast Piping - Medium, 1950sBy Traina-NorellLocated in Tucson, AZFamous for making ready-to-wear clothes with the same meticulousness that other designers reserved for couture, Norman Norell excelled when creating crisp, clean silhouettes that sho...Category
1950s American Car Coats
- Verheyen London Leopard Print Coat in Natural Goat Hair Fur UK 10By Verheyen LondonLocated in London, GBVerheyen London Leopard Print Coat in Natural Goat Hair Fur UK 10 RRP Price £1,695 This Leopard print coat is Verheyen London’s classic staple for effortless style and glamour. A co...Category
2010s Italian Coats
Recently ViewedView All
This Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Ensemble Is Part Zsa Zsa Gabor, Part ‘Blade Runner’
As Burton steps away from the brand, it’s a fitting time to revisit one of her visionary designs.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?