- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
F/W 2008 Chanel Runway Black Metallic Tweed Shearling Coat Jacket
- DimensionsMarked Size: F-42 (EU)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Feels hardly worn if at all but there is one pulled thread inside at the hem- not on the outside- see last photo.
- Seller LocationYukon, OK
- Reference NumberSeller: 2849255282321stDibs: LU406216650012
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Yukon, OK
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” From his first collection at Chanel — after joining the brand in the early 1980s — he injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. Vintage Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel handbags, evening dresses, coats, jewelry and other clothing and accessories riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment.
During his five-decade career as a designer for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times. An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. Lagerfeld’s collections for the brand displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew. And despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
- F/W 1994 Chanel Documented Runway Black & White Faux Fur Cropped JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 1994 Chanel runway CONDITION: Good- No holes or stains! FABRIC: faux fur COUNTRY MADE: France SIZE: 38 MEASUREMENTS; provided as a courtesy only- not a guarantee of fi...Category
1990s French Coats
- F/W 2006 Christian Dior John Galliano Bronze Leather Pirate Cut-Out JacketBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 2006 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good (no flaws on the outside) label has light discoloration from an attempt to remove the store marking put on the labe...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- F/W 2006 Roberto Cavalli Burgundy Velvet Celtic Chinchilla Fur Coat DressBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 2006 Roberto Cavalli CONDITION: Good- just missing the fabric tag FABRIC: Velvet & Fur COUNTRY MADE: Italy SIZE: 40 MEASUREMENTS; provided as a courtesy, not a guarante...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- NWT Cruise 2008 John Galliano Christian Dior Runway Blue Beaded Indian Jacket 38By John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: Christian Dior 2008 Cruise runway collection by John Galliano. CONDITION: Brand new with tags- pristine! MATERIAL: Cotton & silk blend lined in silk. Includes a packet of e...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- F/W 2007 Christian Dior John Galliano Runway Hot Pink Python 60's Short JacketBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 2007 Christian Dior by John Galliano- shown on the runway in green CONDITION: Good- light wear on edges, extremely minor- see last 2 photos FABRIC: Python & Silk COUNTR...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Cruise 2010 Christian Dior John Galliano Winter White 60's MOD Mink Fur CoatBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: Cruise 2010 Christian Dior by John Galliano Please contact us for more images and/or information. CONDITION: The fur is in good condition- on the outside the imperfection...Category
2010s French Coats
- CHANEL 1997 Pink Multicolored Coat / Blazer by Karl Lagerfeld in Tweed LookBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Arnsberg, NWCHANEL 1997. Spring. Luxurious pink multicolored coat / blazer from Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld - in a classic tweed look. Featuring clear acrylic buttons that have gold CC logo, and ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Jacket and Skirt Suit in Black Wool With Silk Lining Cruise Resort 1996By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Portland, ORThis is a wonderful vintage black wool Chanel suit designed by Karl Lagerfeld for the 1996 Cruise / Resort collection. The outfit includes a skirt and a double breasted jacket with a...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Autumn / Winter 2003 Tweed Zip Up JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GBA Chanel autumn/winter 2003 tweed jacket with a zip that fastens up to the collar and is covered with a strap that is buttoned with a gunmetal button adorned with the house logo. Thi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld black quilted nylon jumpsuit, fw 2011By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel jumpsuit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Black quilted nylon ▪ Attached cropped jacket ▪ Zip fastenings ▪ FR 36 - UK 8 - US 4 ▪ Fall-Winter 2011 ▪ 98% Polyamide, 2% Poly...Category
2010s Italian Jumpsuits
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld checked taupe bouclé wool dress and jacket set, fw 1995By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel taupe and pink checked bouclé wool dress and jacket set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Mid-length sheath dress with short-sleeves and v-neck ▪ Back vent with gold 'CC' butt...Category
1990s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Chanel Faux Crocodile Cropped Jacket 2003ABy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel Faux crocodile cropped jacket 2003A in dark chocolate brown. Embossed waxed canvas jacket is cropped at the hem front, falling below the waist, there are hip front flap button...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cropped Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
How the Chanel Jacket Forever Changed What Women Wear
The classic tweed garment has been a wardrobe staple of chic women around the world since the 1950s.
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.