Gucci Bomber Jacket
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci Bomber Jacket
About the Designer
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Jil Sander BlazerBy Jil SanderLocated in Austin, TXJil Blazer pinstriped wool blazer, two front pockets, buttons down front. Condition: Excellent. Size 38 39" bust, 34" waist, 42" hips, 23 1/2" sleeve, 17" shoulder, 30 1/2" length. ...Category
1990s Italian Blazers
- 1990s Jean Paul Gaultier Sleeveless Leather JacketBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Austin, TX1990s Jean Paul Gaultier Sleeveless Leather Jacket Condition: Good, all over wear Size L 42" bust, 38" waist, 20" length 100% leather / Cotton liningCategory
1990s French Vests
- Dries Van Noten Leather Vest with Pin ClosureBy Dries van NotenLocated in Austin, TXDries Van Noten leather vest with large safety pin closure, has multiple holes to move pin where you want to close it. Cotton lined. Condition: Exc...Category
Early 2000s Italian Vests
- Vintage Issey Miyake A POC purple jacketBy Issey MiyakeLocated in Austin, TXvintage A POC by Issey Miyake jacket. Interesting design, tie at front. Condition: Excellent. 50" bust, 46" waist, 25" length, 30" sleeve, 19" shoulder. 50% polyester, 49% cotton, ...Category
1990s Japanese Jackets
- Helmut Lang Denim Jacket with Folded Cuffs, 1990sBy Helmut LangLocated in Austin, TX1990s Helmut Lang denim jacket with folded cuffs. Condition: Very good. size 4, 40 IT ( mannequin is US size 6 )Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- Vintage S/S 1999 Jean Paul Gaultier Pink Kimono Crop TopBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Austin, TXS/S 1999 JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Silk Kimono Crop Top Pink Three-Quarter sleeve tie at front Bust: open, Waist: 30-42", Length: 14.5" Made in Italy 61% linen, 39% silk Condition: Excelle...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- Gucci Tan Leather JacketBy GucciLocated in Beverly Hills, CAGucci Tan Leather Jacket lined in Gucci logos. Marked size 42 IT Measurement: Shoulder 16” / Bust 34” / Waist 34” / Hip 34” / Sleeve length: 23”/...Category
Early 2000s Italian Dinner Jackets$1,985
- New Cruise 2019 Gucci Runway Embroidered Pastel Pink Extra Long Kimono GownBy GucciLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: Gucci Cruise 2019 Runway CONDITION: Unworn- the hem was left undone and extra long to allow the perfect length for any buyer FABRIC: Acetate/Polyester/Silk COUNTRY MADE: It...Category
- S/S 1998 Gucci Tom Ford RARE Runway Crystal Black Structured JacketBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: S/S 1998 Gucci by Tom Ford- shown on the runway in a longer version CONDITION: Good- no holes or stains, light fading to black from dry clea...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- New Gucci Gray Blue Mink Cape Jacket Italian 38By GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXNew Gucci Gray Blue Mink Cape Jacket Italian size 38 ( will fit bigger sizes also) 100% Mink, Origin - Finland, Oversize Collar, Three Quarter Sleeve, Ful...Category
2010s Italian Capes
- Gucci Black Light Wool 3/4 Coat Dress - 42 - NWTBy GucciLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThis Gucci coat is a staple and a perfect transition piece from summer to fall. The collared dress coat has buttons in the front and a tie belt, both with metal Gucci labeled accents...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Gucci Appliquéd Floral Brocade Bomber JacketBy GucciLocated in London, GBGucci's statement bomber jackets have been a key feature of every season as they are easy to dress up or down. Designed with the brand's signature metallic blue and red ribbed trims, this silk floral...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery