Rare Pierre Cardin Space Age Vinyl Cape Espresso Brown Faux Fur Lining 60s MItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Rare Pierre Cardin Space Age Vinyl Cape Espresso Brown Faux Fur Lining 60s M
- DimensionsLength: 42 in. (106.68 cm)Marked Size: Unmarked; fits like modern sz M (US)
- Stylecontemporary (Of the Period)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Material NotesVinyl and faux fur; no content label
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor tears at the top of each arm slit; some loose stitching to faux fur lining.
- Seller LocationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Reference NumberSeller: Pierre Cardin Brown Vinyl Cape1stDibs: LU40722185463
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Pierre Cardin (Designer)
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass. Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- By Pierre CardinLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis incredible coat was made by Pierre Cardin for his Space Age and Futurism collection in 1969. Made from blac...Category
Mid-20th Century Coats
- By Pierre CardinLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis incredibly rare evening gown was designed by Pierre Cardin in the late 1960s for his Space Age and Futurism...Category
1960s Evening Gowns
- By ValentinoLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis fabulous cape coat was made by Valentino Boutique in the early 1980s. Made from what we believe is an ango...Category
- By Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis ruffled shawl or shoulder wrap is attributed to Giorgio Armani from the 1990s. Made from silk ruffles, thi...Category
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLAuthentic, preowned, vintage Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche long black wool coat, likely from the late 70s. Full...Category
- Located in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis fabulous Persian Lamb Coat was made in Finland by Turkis Tukku, most likely in the late 1970s. Fully-lined...Category
You May Also Like
1960s Coats and Outerwear
20th Century Coats and Outerwear
1970s Coats and Outerwear
1980s Car Coats
1960s Swing Coats
20th Century Coats and Outerwear
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery