1991 Dolce & Gabbana High Waist Corset Skirt Lace Top " pin up collection "
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: S/ M (US)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Austin, TX
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU16117040762
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
Find vintage Dolce & Gabbana handbags, day dresses, shoes and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Austin, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- 1995 VIVIENNE TAM Mao Graffiti DressBy Vivienne TamLocated in Austin, TX1995 VIVIENNE TAM Mao Graffiti Dress Mao & Panda Graffiti Print Mesh Qipao Dress Side slits at hem 100% nylon Condition: Excellent 30" bust, 29" waist, 3...Category
1990s Unknown Day Dresses$1,100 Sale Price50% Off
- 1990s Issey Miyake Pleated DressLocated in Austin, TX1990s Issey Miyake black pleated dress. Condition: Excellent 100% polyester Size Small ( mannequin is US SIZE 6 ) made in JapanCategory
1990s Day Dresses
- 1990s Anna Sui Victorian Print Silk Mini DressBy Anna SuiLocated in Austin, TX1990s Anna Sui black silk mini dress with Victorian print. Size 42/ US S 29" length, 34" bust, 32" waist. Condition: Excellent.Category
1990s American Day Dresses
- Jean Paul Gaultier mini dress 1990sBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Austin, TXJean Paul Gaultier stretch mini dress with mock neck from the 1990s 100% rayon Sz L / US 10 / IT 46 32" bust, 28" waist, 31" hips, 33" leng...Category
1990s French Day Dresses
- 1960s Rudi Gernreich Black Silk Chiffon DressBy Rudi GernreichLocated in Austin, TX1960s Rudi Gegnerisch black silk chiffon dress. Two layers of sheer chiffon, sewn together at hem. 34" bust, 29" waist, 60" hips, 37 1/2" le...Category
1960s American Day Dresses
- 1990's Dolce & Gabbana Black Nylon Slip DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Austin, TX1990's Dolce & Gabbana Black Nylon Slip Dress Excellent condition Nylon fabric Made in Italy Size S/M Bust: 28"-38", Waist: 25"-36", Hips: 41"-54", Length: 44.5"Category
1990s Italian Day Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" DressBy Moschino Cheap and Chic, MoschinoLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 17.32 inches (40 cm) not stretched Waist: 14.96 inches (36 cm) not stretched Hips: 17.32 inches (41 cm) not stretched Length: 57 inches (104 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic MOSCHINO Cheap and Chic. - Halter neckline with opening at the back. - Print of a lady with apron stating "Maid in Italy" and jeweled shoes...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty DressBy Moschino, Moschino JeansLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 15.75 inches (40 cm) Sleeves: 18.1...Category
1990s Italian Casual Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet DressBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet Dress From 1989 Collection. Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips...Category
1980s Italian Day Dresses
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Colorful Logo Print Pleated Sleeveless DressBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Colorful Logo Print Pleated Sleeveless Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and waist: Shoulder: 12.20 in...Category
1980s French Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage 1994 MOSCHINO COUTURE "WHAM" Patchwork Novelty DressBy Moschino Couture, MoschinoLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1994 MOSCHINO COUTURE "WHAM" Patchwork Novelty Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 15.35 inches (39 cm...Category
1990s Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage CHANEL BOUTIQUE Cummerbund Button Down Wool Silk Black DressBy Chanel BoutiqueLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage CHANEL BOUTIQUE Cummerbund Button Down Wool Silk Black Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 18...Category
1980s French Evening Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery