An incredible vintage women's vintage tunic mini dress by rare, highly sought after label, Workers for Freedom. In a minimalist/ lagenlook style from the Spring Summer 1995 collection. In a black cotton with a faded effect on top and a slinky rayon hem. Estimated Size: One Size Fits Most, has a very oversized fit, as pictured Bust - up to 52" / 132cm Length (shoulder to hem) - 34" / 86cm - Made in England - Two concealed side pockets in the seam Workers for Freedom Established in 1985 by Graham Fraser and Richard Notts, (who previously was the assistant designer to Valentino). Workers for Freedom received the great accolade by the British Fashion Council of 'Designer of the Year' in 1989, presented by Princess Diana. Described by the LA Times as 'rich-hippie intellectual clothes', Workers for Freedom went against the grain in the 1980s, creating minimalist clothing in natural fabrics that flowed in a similar vein to Japanese designers, Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons and Issey Miyake, rather than the extreme exagerrated look of the 80s.
- DesignerWorkers For Freedom
- BrandWorkers For Freedom
- In the Style OfMinimalist
- Place of originUnited Kingdom
- Material notes
- ConditionGood. Intentional fading to top, results in slight lines but this adds to the aesthetic and charm. Minor overall wear. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Marked sizeOne Size fits Most (UK)
- Bust52 in. (132.08 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem34 in. (86.36 cm)
- Seller locationDoncaster, GB
- Reference numberLU46832216403
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Doncaster, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like