- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chloe Multi Colour Silk Tunic /Dress
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
A part of the Left Bank intellectual crowd who shared her mother’s fondness for fashion, Chloé cofounder Gaby Aghion was inspired to empower independent working women to break from the conservative dress of the 1950s and don more free-spirited, feminine designs that were appropriate for both work and social life.
Born in Alexandria, Egypt, Aghion established her fashion house in Paris in 1952 with her business partner Jacques Lenoir to develop her own source of income, separate from her husband’s. She was one of the first designers to embrace the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter as a middle ground between haute couture and off-the-rack for the masses.
In 1964, Aghion hired a fledgling Karl Lagerfeld as a designer. The pair would bring Chloé into the international spotlight with their easy yet glamorous lines that drew such fans as Jacqueline Kennedy. Lagerfeld became the staff creative lead at Chloé in 1974 and stayed with the brand until 1983, during which time he became known for his romantic silk dresses that continued Aghion’s feminine vision and were a favorite of the “rich hippie” set. In 1988, then-unknown designer Martine Sitbon took the helm of Chloé for several years before Lagerfeld returned as creative director from 1992 to 1997, drawing all of the iconic 1990s supermodels to his runway.
After his second departure, Chloé tapped yet another early-career designer to lead the label: a punky 25-year-old Stella McCartney, who earned the position not because of her famous lineage (she’s the daughter of Paul and Linda McCartney), but because of her fashion education at Central Saint Martins and work experience on London’s Savile Row and at Christian Lacroix. Following McCartney’s exit to launch her own line in 2001, Chloé named Phoebe Philo to the post.
Under Philo’s leadership, Chloé expanded from women’s clothing to an accessories line — including handbags — and debuted the legendary Paddington bag in 2004. The padlocked satchel, notorious for weighing a hefty three pounds while empty, became one of the “It bags” of the decade (the brand’s double-handled Marcie holds its own in that regard); the entire 8,000-bag initial production run sold out via preorders.
Philo left Chloé in 2006; her successors include, among others, Clare Waight Kelle and Natacha Ramsay-Levi, who announced that she would be departing the house in late 2020. Part of Chloé’s decades-long lasting influence — which we’d like to speculate would appease Aghion greatly — is the brand’s dedication as a career-launching platform for newbie designers, particularly women.
- Vintage Chloe Dress BlackBy ChloéLocated in London, GBA great little black dress for Spring/Summer by Chloe. In a cotton /linen mix and fully lined, this dress has a round neck, short sleeves and two pockets. It opens with a beautifuly ...Category
1990s Day Dresses
- Dior Paris White Broderie Anglaise DressLocated in London, GBA great white dress by Dior Paris, in a heavy brorderie anglaise. The dress has a zip front opening and two pockets. It is fully lined.Category
Early 2000s Day Dresses
- Vintage Jerseymasters Print DressBy Jersey MastersLocated in London, GBA pretty pink print dress by Jerseymasters. The dress has gathers on the shoulders, a ten button front opening and self fabric tie belt.Category
1970s Day Dresses
- Vintage Leonard Paris Jersey DressBy LeonardLocated in London, GBA great vintage dress by Leonard, Paris. The jersey dress is in a great mix of colours, pumpkin and green. It has an elastic waist and spagetti straps. Measurements: Bust 34'', wai...Category
1980s Day Dresses$233 Sale Price20% Off
- Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier Femme Ivory Shirt DressBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in London, GBA chic dress for Summer by Jean Paul Gaultier , Femme. The dress has a button front, with self fabric belt. It has pockets on the front and breast pockets. Size Italian 42, / UK 10....Category
1990s Day Dresses
- Vintage 1950s Dusty Pink Prom Style DressLocated in London, GBThis is a stunning 1950s in a soft dusty pink. The fabric is a ribbed, structured silk that helps to shape the dress. The skirt is densely gathered around the waist so the skirt has...Category
1950s Formal Wear
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Day Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses
Early 2000s Day Dresses
2010s Day Dresses
1980s Day Dresses
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
2010s Babydoll Day Dresses
2010s French Evening Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Casual Dresses
Early 2000s Evening Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery