- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2004 Floral Tulle Ruched Dress
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- Late 1980s Yves Saint Laurent Couture Navy DressBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in London, GBAn iconic Yves Saint Laurent couture dress from the late 1980s. This dress features a peter pan collar with an overlaid Lavallière style bow. Around the peter pan collar is a silk tr...Category
20th Century French Day Dresses
- Jean-Louis Scherrer Couture Black Organza Drop Waist Dress with Floral AppliqueBy Jean-Louis ScherrerLocated in London, GBA Jean-Louis Scherrer Couture dress made mostly with black organza and pleated details. The sheer organza sleeves are half length and puffed at the shoulder, finished with a cuff. Th...Category
20th Century French Day Dresses
- Frank Usher Multicolour Psychedelic Print Maxi Dress 1970sBy Frank UsherLocated in London, GBFrank Usher 1970s maxi dress with shiny black domed buttons down the centre front stopping at a keyhole before reaching a high mandarin type collar which is in a complimenting zig-za...Category
20th Century British Maxi Dresses
- Prada Silk Wrap DressBy PradaLocated in London, GBA Prada silk dress with a wrapped over double-breasted fastening. The dress is enveloped in a repeating abstract print of black and white lips. The bodice has a deep v neckline and i...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses$1,541
- Biba 1970s Puff Sleeved DressBy BibaLocated in London, GBA late 1970’s Biba crepe de Chine flared panel maxi-dress, featuring an all-over organic oval print, each in a stylised foliage frame, on a complementing background, in shades of cha...Category
20th Century Day Dresses
- Victoria Beckham Tailored Shift DressBy Victoria Beckham, Victoria Victoria BeckhamLocated in London, GBA Victoria Beckham woollen tailored shift dress in a dark marl grey with a flattering fitted bodice. The dress features a crew neckline with elbow-length sleeves. The dress is cinche...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shift Dresses
- Dolce & Gabanna D&G Navy Blue Minimal Midi Shift DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Oakland, CASlinky D&G navy blue shift dress. Easy minimal shape. Semi-sheer. Deep V-neck. Back zipper with hook & eye. Tagged a size 42.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Day Dresses
- Dolce & Gabbana Magazine Print DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis dress is a must have in your closet! Circa early 2000s, this dress features a magazine print top with an open back and bra closure. Perfect to throw on with your favorite lace u...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- Dolce and Gabbana Unworn 2006 Black Lace Dress with Gold Laurel Trim Ad CampaignBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce and Gabbana black lace dress with band below bust featuring gold laurel embroidery. Slightly peekaboo black built in bra (a signature D&G touch) and built in corset at top. Adj...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Dolce & Gabbana Silk Corset Dress with Sheer PanelsBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous silk jersey and mesh dress from Dolce & Gabbana. It has a fitted mesh bodice and long sleeves with ruched jersey at the bust and waist. The bodice is vertically boned fro...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Dolce & Gabbana One Sleeve Lace up DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous black silk jersey dress from Dolce & Gabbana. The dress has one sleeve is fitted to below the knee and has intricate functional adjustable lacing along the top of the slee...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- 1990S DOLCE & GABBANA Black Viscose Crochet Long Sleeve Maxi DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in New York, NY1990S DOLCE & GABBANA Black Viscose Crochet Long Sleeve Maxi DressCategory
1990s Maxi Dresses