- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
NEW Christian Dior Belted Chiffon Silk Printed Tunic Kaftan Dress
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$79 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Christian Dior (Manufacturer)
Christian Dior (1905–57) was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris. There, the visionary couturier would alter the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess — an expansive collection of which can be found on 1stDibs — Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious and versatile CHRISTIAN DIOR classic signature piece that will last you for years ...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses$799 Sale Price55% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious and CHRISTIAN DIOR signature piece that will last you for years Gorgeous, couture-like pi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail Dresses$999 Sale Price50% Off
- By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautifully cut from finest eyelet fabric, Dolce & Gabbana hit a retro-inspired note with this stunning shift d...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses$1,999 Sale Price33% Off
- By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHBEAUTIFUL EMILIO PUCCI PASTEL SIGNATURE PRINT GOWN A timeless EMILIO PUCCI gown that will never go out of sty...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Maxi Dresses$1,299 Sale Price35% Off
- By HermèsLocated in Switzerland, CHTHE MOST LUXURIOUS CLOTHING ON EARTH! Classy, timeless HERMES print silk dress Signature piece with the timeles...Category
2010s Mini Dresses$1,649 Sale Price41% Off
- By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHEmilio Pucci Ivory Crochet Knit Maxi Dress Gown Sold Out Immediately Details: Exclusive and gorgeous EMILIO...Category
2010s Evening Dresses$999 Sale Price28% Off