- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1980's Oscar de la Renta Lavender Chiffon Beaded Evening Dress
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Toronto, Canada
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Oscar De La Renta (Designer)
Oscar de la Renta was not just a designer for the ages but a designer for women of all ages — from Hollywood starlets to silver-haired doyennes, from fashion icons (Sarah Jessica Parker) to iconic brides (Amal Alamuddin Clooney), from leading ladies of hip-hop (Nicki Minaj) to First Ladies of the United States (Jacqueline Kennedy all the way through to Michelle Obama). The secret to his broad and enduring appeal? “I have always thought that my role as a designer is to do the very best I can for a woman,” de la Renta told 1stdibs in a 2010 profile.
And for de la Renta, doing the very best meant making a woman feel beautiful, glamorous and full of confidence, whether she was walking down the red carpet or a crowded city street. "You carry the clothes, the clothes don't carry you," he went on to say in our story.
A perennial favorite on 1stdibs, Oscar de la Renta designs evolved over the years, as the large selection of items below attests, but whether bolero or ball gown, vintage or current, the pieces exude elegant sophistication and enduring originality — much like the man himself.
- By Oscar De La RentaLocated in Toronto, Ontario1980s Oscar de la Renta Miss O label black velvet cocktail dress with one shoulder accented with two large hot p...Category
1980s Cocktail Dresses
- By Oscar De La RentaLocated in Toronto, OntarioBubblegum pink silk taffeta ballgown skirt and peasant top ensemble credited to Oscar de la Renta. The top has a...Category
1980s Ball Gowns
- By Oscar De La RentaLocated in Toronto, OntarioStunning tyrian purple silk gown with an abstract floral pattern in black and a dark magenta color. Form fitting...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Gowns$750 Sale Price25% Off
- By Oscar De La RentaLocated in Toronto, OntarioGorgeous Oscar de la Renta navy and red abstract houndstooth printed dress and coat from the mid 2000s. The long...Category
Early 2000s Dress and Coat Ensembles
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail Dresses
20th Century Evening Gowns
1960s Cocktail Dresses
2010s Cocktail Dresses
1970s Day Dresses
1970s Evening Dresses and Gowns
21st Century and Contemporary Ball Gowns
1970s Maxi Dresses
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery