- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Armani Ivory Silk Wedding Dress, 2000s
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Lugo (RA), Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Fashion may be a fluid industry that evolves with the times, but few designers were gutsy enough to break with the norms and endeavor to revolutionize it the way Piacenza, Italy, native Giorgio Armani did.
When he established his brand with his personal and professional partner, architect Sergio Galeotti, in 1975, Armani created jackets, evening dresses and other clothing that sharply departed from the form-fitting designs that his competitors were producing. Working with a subdued color palette and light fabrics, Armani instead pioneered power dressing. By the early 1980s, the designer was lauded for his sleek but relaxed-fit shirts in washed greens and beige tones for men and elegant, broad-shouldered suits for career-minded women. His collections were intended to fit naturally but confer a sense of confidence on the wearer, and the designs were just as luxurious as the garments that were gliding down Milanese catwalks at the time.
Armani, a shipping manager’s son, spent his childhood wanting to become a doctor, and he even studied medicine briefly at the University of Milan before dropping out and joining the army. In the late 1950s, he was hired as a window dresser at the Milan department store La Rinascente before moving into the role of menswear buyer. When he realized that his calling was in fashion design, not buying, he left La Rinascente to train at Nino Cerruti’s atelier and eventually began to take on what became a wealth of freelance design work.
At Galeotti’s urging, Armani opened his own design office in 1973, and two years later, he established his eponymous label of ready-to-wear for both men and women that challenged fashion’s traditional silhouettes and the conventions of tailoring.
“I was the first to soften the image of men and harden the image of women,” Armani has said of his early years. The designer dressed men in soft textures such as silk and linen that were traditionally relegated to feminine garments and designed power suits for women — an audacious and undeniably androgynous take on high fashion that was well received by critics. He won the Neiman Marcus Fashion Award in 1979, and his collections for men and women gained legions of admirers in Europe. However, it wasn’t until the premiere of the film American Gigolo — featuring heartthrob Richard Gere exclusively outfitted in a crisp, sleek and sexy Armani wardrobe — that the brand took off in the United States.
Today, Armani is still designing ready-to-wear collections, and the luxury house has expanded over the years into home decor, hospitality and more. In February 2020, at the onset of the Covid-19 crisis, Armani was the first fashion house to close its runway shows to the public in order to limit exposure. In early 2022, the brand was among the first to cancel men’s and haute couture shows scheduled in January.
Find vintage Giorgio Armani clothing on 1stDibs.
- Giorgio Armani Vintage blue silk 90s dress with floral printsBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGiorgio Armani blue silk 90s dress with floral prints, thin straps and frontal black tulle embellished with beads and sequins. Size: 46 IT Flat measurements Height: 122 cm Bust: 44...Category
1990s Cocktail Dresses
- 2000s Giorgio Armani Leather SandalsBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGiorgio Armani powder pink leather sandals with black and fuchsia suede straps and ankle closure with silver metal buckle. The item shows some light signs of wear on the leather, as...Category
Early 2000s Italian Sandals
- 90s Giorgio Armani Vintage beige oriental slippers with geometric decorationsBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGiorgio Armani beige oriental slippers with light-blue striped embroideries. Geometric decorations, raised square toe and leather sole. Size: 39 IT Measurements Insole: 26 cm Prod...Category
- 90s Giorgio Armani beige snakeskin flat capBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGiorgio Armani beige snakeskin flat cap. Size: 57 Product code: A7059 Composition: Snakeskin Made in: Italy Condition: Good conditionsCategory
- 1950s A.N.G.E.L.O. Vintage Cult Floral DressLocated in Lugo (RA), ITA.N.G.E.L.O. Vintage Cult gray fabric tailored dress with white, yellow and orange floral print. Square neckline, three-quarter sleeves and a full circle skirt. Side zip closure and ...Category
1950s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- 1990s Gianfranco Ferré Pink Velvet DressBy Gianfranco FerréLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGianfranco Ferré pink velvet longuette dress. Bodice and strapless design and side concealed zip closure. Size: 40 IT Flat measurements Height: 92 cm Bust: 41 cm Waist: 39 cm Prod...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- 1990s Giorgio Armani Collezioni Sz 4 6 Nude Silk Chiffon Cut - Out Gown EveningBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in San Diego, CASensational vintage 90s GIORGIO ARMANI COLLEZINI nude silk chiffon cut-out bias gown! Features side cut-outs at the bust with nude mesh overlays. Boned bodice holds everything in pla...Category
1990s Italian Evening Gowns
- Giorgio Armani Strapless White and Silver Lace GownBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Beverly Hills, CABeautiful Giorgio Armani Strapless white and silver lace gown with iridescent beads. Lace has beautiful silver grey embroidery. Perfect for bridal gown. Fit size : Medium Bust: 40”/ ...Category
1990s Italian Wedding Dresses
- 1990s Giorgio Armani Black Strapless Silk Sheath Gown with RosetteBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Toronto, OntarioBeautiful 1990s Giorgio Armani black label strapless gown. Black silk crepe with scallop layered drape at front and back of bodice, that gathers into a sweet rosette detail at centre...Category
1990s Italian Evening Gowns
- Early 2000s Giorgio Armani Cherry BlossomBy Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Prague, CZA gorgeous silk printed dress with beautiful embellished details. Size IT 44, recommend for M/L. Measurements: Armpit to armpit - 44 cm (17,5 in) Waist - 40 cm (15,5 in) Length -...Category
Early 2000s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Emporio Armani Vintage Sheer Pink Silk Organza Smocked Party Evening Dress 1980sBy EMPORIO ARMANI EA7, Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireA stunning and rare vintage womens party dress by luxury Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani for his Emporio Armani line, from the late 80s (probably the spring 89 collection). I...Category
1980s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Giorgio Armani Geometric Pattern Black Beaded Gown Size 44By Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis Giorgio Armani gown is composed of a sheer black fabric with slight stretch topped with beading. Made in Italy. Measures (Approximately) Size 44 Length: 52.5" Sleeve: 23"...Category
20th Century Italian Evening Gowns