- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
CHLOE white neon pink highlight cotton silk floral jacquard cocktail dress FR38
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$85 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-7 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Central, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chloe (Designer)
Born in Alexandria, Egypt, Gaby Aghion (1921–2014) founded the fashion house Chloé in Paris in 1952 with her business partner Jacques Lenoir to develop her own source of income, separate from her husband’s. A part of the Left Bank intellectual crowd who shared her mother’s fondness for fashion, Aghion was inspired to empower independent working women to break from the conservative dress of the time and don more free-spirited, feminine designs that were appropriate for both work and social life. As such, she was one of the first designers to embrace the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter as a middle ground between haute couture and off-the-rack for the masses.
In 1964, Aghion hired a fledgling Karl Lagerfeld as a designer. The pair would bring Chloé into the international spotlight with their easy yet glamorous lines that drew such fans as Jacqueline Kennedy. Lagerfeld became the staff creative lead at Chloé in 1974 and stayed with the brand until 1983, during which time he became known for his romantic silk dresses that continued Aghion’s feminine vision and were a favorite of the “rich hippie” set. In 1988, then-unknown designer Martine Sitbon took the helm of Chloé for several years before Lagerfeld returned as creative director from 1992 to 1997, drawing all of the iconic 1990s supermodels to his runway.
After his second departure, Chloé tapped yet another early-career designer to lead the label: a punky 25-year-old Stella McCartney, who earned the position not because of her famous lineage (she’s the daughter of Paul and Linda McCartney), but because of her fashion education at Central Saint Martins and work experience on London’s Savile Row and at Christian Lacroix. Following McCartney’s exit to launch her own line in 2001, Chloé named Phoebe Philo to the post.
Under Philo’s leadership, Chloé expanded from women’s clothing to an accessories line, launching the legendary Paddington bag in 2004. The padlocked satchel, notorious for weighing a hefty three pounds while empty, became one of the “It bags” of the decade (the brand’s double-handled Marcie holds its own in that regard); the entire 8,000-bag initial production run sold out via preorders.
Philo left Chloé in 2006; her successors include, among others, Clare Waight Kelle and Natacha Ramsay-Levi, who announced that she would be departing the house in late 2020. Part of Chloé’s decades-long lasting influence — which we’d like to speculate would appease Aghion greatly — is the brand’s dedication as a career-launching platform for newbie designers, particularly women.
Browse an extraordinary inventory of vintage Chloé day dresses, handbags and more on 1stDibs.
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTrunway CHLOE 2016 blue white lace trimmed floral flared sleeve boho dress FR36 Brand: Chloe Model Name / Style:...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTCHLOE white flax cotton blend pleat dark long length culotte shorts FR40 Brand: Chloe Model Name / Style: Cotton...Category
2010s Bermuda Shorts
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTrunway CHLOE 2016 white boho embroidery anglais layered back 3/4 sleeve dress S CHLOE FROM THE RESOT 2016 LOOKB...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Casual Dresses$280 Sale Price20% Off
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTrunway CHLOE mint green embroidery anglais eyelet handkerchief layared dress XS Brand: Chloe Model Name / Style:...Category
2010s Casual Dresses
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTCHLOE Vintage 100% wool grey pinstripe low rise straight leg trousers pants FR34 Brand: Chloe Model Name / Style...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pants
- By ChloeLocated in Hong Kong, NTCHLOE SS16 rainbow strappy knotted open toe cork platform slide sandals EU39 CHLOE FROM THE SPRING SUMMER 2016 ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sandals$272 Sale Price20% Off
You May Also Like
1980s Cocktail Dresses
1980s Evening Dresses and Gowns
1990s Evening Dresses and Gowns
Early 2000s Evening Dresses and Gowns
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Dresses and Gowns
1980s Cocktail Dresses
1970s Evening Gowns
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery