An incredible example of Dior’s ‘New Look’, this dress coat is cut in the famous Dior silhouette, with a nipped in waist and wide skirt. The dress coat is constructed from black silk taffeta with panels of black velvet embroidery on the front of the skirt. The beaded detail is mirrored in the wide velvet collar, while the fabric matched buttons on the bodice draw the eye to the smallest part of the waist. A rare find, this exact dress is seen here being modelled in the Dior atelier in 1948. Dior has been at the forefront of taste since its creation in 1947 and following the death of Christian Dior in 1957, the couture house has continued to blossom under its subsequent directors Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, Gianfranco Ferré, John Galliano and Raf Simmons. Please note that this piece is unlabelled.
- BrandChristian Dior
- In the Style OfAutumn Winter 1948
- Place of originFrance
- Material notes
- ConditionExcellent. Unlabelled but carrying the WilliamVintage guarantee of Dior the dress coat is in excellent condition. There is some wear to the velvet on the left-hand panel.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Bust39.38 in. (100 cm)
- Waist31.5 in. (80 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem46.46 in. (118 cm)
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference number100094
- Reference numberLU724227762
Shipping, Returns & Payment
Global Shipping AvailableView all shipping quotes
- Return Policy
Returns can be initiated within 14 days of delivery by contacting 1stdibs.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2014
Typical response time: 19 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like