Extremely rare champagne silk gown with chenille and diamante embroidery designed by Antonio del Castillo for the couture house of Lanvin dating to 1957. Intricate embroidery and beadwork was done by the house of Lesage. Phenomenal attention to detail with hand finishing throughout. Gown was made in France. Exterior of dress measures about 36-37" at bust and 30" at waist although exterior has a very elaborate corset which measures about 2" smaller. The length is approximately 55". The condition is good. There are several faint marks and a few missing beads, however the condition is remarkable for a gown this fragile and delicate from 1957. It is however very fragile and probably best displayed. A similar gown can be found in the Victoria and Albert museum located in London.
- Material notes
- ConditionGood. Fabric and stitching is extremely fragile. There are a few marks to silk and a few missing beads which are not apparent unless very closely examined. Due to the fragile nature the dress, we recommend it for display and very gentle treatment..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Bust36 in. (91.44 cm)
- Waist30 in. (76.2 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem55 in. (139.7 cm)
- Seller locationSan Fransisco, CA
- Reference numberAU130902812195
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in San Fransisco, CA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like