This black lace and taffeta evening gown was made by Ronald Amey in the 1970s and is absolutely gorgeous. The bodice features black floral lace with netting underneath, and the the darted skirt is made from what appears to be a black silk taffeta (no content label). This rare piece also features bishop sleeves, a stand up collar and comes with a detachable black silk bow belt. It fastens in back with a half zipper and hook/eye and snap closures. In excellent condition for its 40+ years of age, we note a tear to the net lining under one sleeve (image 10) and some previous repairs to the hem. No size tag, but we're estimating this as a modern size M, based on these measurements, taken flat and doubled where appropriate: shoulders - 16.5in, bust - 36in, waist - 27in, hips - full, length - 54.5in, waist to hem - 40in. Tagged Ronald Amey New York.
- BrandRonald Amey
- In the Style OfContemporary
- Place of originUnited States
- Material notes
- ConditionExcellent. Bodice has a tear in the net lining (image 10); previous hem repairs. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer).
D 54.5 in. x L 54.5 in.
D 138.43 cm x L 138.43 cm
- Marked sizeUnmarked (US)
- Bust36 in. (91.44 cm)
- Waist27 in. (68.58 cm)
- Length54.5 in. (138.43 cm)
- Shoulder to Hem54.5 in. (138.43 cm)
- Seller locationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Seller reference numberRonald Amey Black Lace Taffeta Gown
- Reference numberLU40721722153
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like