- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Polka dot chiffon bustier dress with chiffon bow Lanvin
- DimensionsLength: 31.5 in. (80 cm)Marked Size: 36 (S) (EU)Bust: 28.35 in. (72 cm)Waist: 23.63 in. (60 cm)Hip: 37.8 in. (96 cm)
- StyleCirca 1960 (Of the Period)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Material NotesDress material : 100% silk Lining : cupro and acetate
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationSaint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference NumberSeller: (5074) 1stDibs: LU2170215288432
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, France
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- 1980 black velvet dress with silver polka dots and Lanvin labelBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR80's Tulip or ball dress in black velvet and silver sequined dots. The skirt is lined with a black tulle petticoat edged with a plumetis tulle flounce.Category
1980s Cocktail Dresses
- Navy blue row cut dress draped in the middle front Lanvin by Alber ElbazBy Alber Elbaz, Lanvin ParisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRNavy blue row cut dress draped in the middle front and on the shoulders. The fabric is called Cupro but looks like washed silk. Split in the middle front =20 cmCategory
2010s Cocktail Dresses
- Black sequin dress on a tulle base and rhinestone brooches Lanvin by Alber ElbazBy Alber Elbaz, Lanvin ParisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack sequin dress on a tulle base with rhinestone brooches. Collar, armhole and bottom edge in black gros-grain. SIZE MCategory
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
- Deconstructivist bustier evening dress Lanvin Haute-Couture by Claude MontanaBy Lanvin Paris, Claude MontanaLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRDeconstructivist Bustier evening dress orange, yellow, green and ivory silk . Stiff white tulle part under the skirt to keep the asymmetrical shape (green part) SIZE SCategory
1990s Evening Dresses
- Ensemble Robe and night-gown in black satin and tulle appliqué LanvinBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FREnsemble Robe and night-gown in black satin and tulle appliquéCategory
You May Also Like
1950s Evening Gowns
1970s Cocktail Dresses
1970s Evening Dresses
1960s Evening Gowns
1940s Aesthetic Evening Dresses
1970s Cocktail Dresses
1930s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
1970s Aesthetic Day Dresses
1980s Cocktail Dresses
1960s Cocktail Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery