Roberto Cavalli Early 2000s Pink Brown Snake Skin Animal Print Y2K Slinky Dress
About the Item
Whether they’re adorned with understated floral patterns or colorful prints that draw on the wonders of the animal kingdom, vintage Roberto Cavalli dresses and evening gowns, shirts and skirts are unapologetically exuberant. All of the seductive garments crafted at the luxury fashion house have long been associated with extravagance and red-carpet sophistication, and their stories begin in Central Italy.
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany, in 1940 into an already artistically rich family — his mother was a tailor and his grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of an Italian art movement called Macchiaioli that shared common ground with Impressionist painters. Cavalli was creative at the onset and focused on textiles at the Florence Academy of Art. He garnered some high-profile attention with bold prints on knitwear.
After he patented an experimental and revolutionary process that saw him printing on lightweight leather, Cavalli secured commissions from major fashion houses such as Hermès and Pierre Cardin. He explored integrating handmade ornamentation in his designs and found limitless inspiration in the majestic creatures of the jungle.
In the early 1970s Cavalli unveiled his first namesake collection in Paris and the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti in Florence. He then opened his inaugural boutique in France’s Saint-Tropez in 1972. While the designer’s printed denim offerings were deemed unsophisticated by the day’s couturiers — they looked down upon the material — Cavalli’s form-fitting, sensual cuts, innovative patchwork and obvious dedication to impeccable craftsmanship found admirers in the likes of Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
In 1980 Cavalli married former beauty pageant contestant Eva Düringer, who became his trusted business partner. Now a signature of the label, the pair introduced their first sand-blasted jeans in 1994 and later opened boutiques in Venice and elsewhere.
Cavalli’s designs sold all over the world, and the brand’s success helped pave the way for the introduction of a line that targeted younger consumers and RC Menswear to complement the array of day dresses, shoes, lingerie and coats and outerwear that were offered in his popular boutiques. In 2005 Cavalli was asked to help reinvigorate Playboy’s iconic bunny costumes and, in 2006, model Kate Moss starred in his spring/summer ad campaign. A year later, Cavalli created an exclusive collection for H&M and designed costuming for Jennifer Lopez concerts as well as the Spice Girls.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: San Diego, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Mila Schoon 1990s Gold Metallic Cut - Out Back Vintage 90s Bodycon DressBy Mila SchonLocated in San Diego, CASexy 1990s does 1960s MILA SCHOON gold metallic cut-out back bodycon dress! Features a soft Cotton blend that stretches to fit. Simply slips over the head. Cut-out back reveals just ...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- 1990s Christian Lacroix Leopard Cheetah Animal Print Size 8 Vintage 90s DressBy Christian Lacroix Paris, Christian LacroixLocated in San Diego, CAChic 90s CHRISTIAN LACROIX leopard animal print rayon dress ! Features tribal print at hem in red, pink and brown. Hidden zipper up the back with hook-and-eye closure. Great belted o...Category
1990s Cocktail Dresses
- 1970s Boho Chic Red + Purple + Gold Striped Cotton Voile 70s Vintage DressLocated in San Diego, CABoho chic 1970s red, purple lilac and metallic gold vertically striped dress! Features chic short puff sleeves. Elastic waistband makes this beauty easy to wear and comfortable. Ligh...Category
1970s American Cocktail Dresses
- 1990s Italian Gold Sequined Off the Shoulder Sexy Vintage 90s DressLocated in San Diego, CASexy late 1990s Italian gold sequined off-the-shoulder dress ! Features thousands of hand-sewn sequins throughout the entire dress. Can be worn many ways ( as pictured ). Hidden zipp...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Ema Savahl 2000s Hand Painted Ombré Orange Yellow Sexy Hi-Lo Halter Dress Y2KLocated in San Diego, CASexy early 2000s vintage EMA SAVAHL hand painted ombré orange and neon yellow hi-lo halter mesh dress ! Paris Hilton famously wore an Ema Savahl ensemble t...Category
Early 2000s American Cocktail Dresses
- 1970s Patchwork Size Medium / Large Novelty Print Vintage 70s Cotton Maxi DressLocated in San Diego, CAAmazing 1970s novelty print larger size cotton halter maxi dress! Features vibrant colors of purple, blue, turquoise, yellow and orange throughout. Hidden zipper up the back. Ties at top back neck. Oriental themes with prints of elephants...Category
1970s American Maxi Dress
- Azzedine Alaia black white polka dot sleeveless flare babydoll mini dress FR 36By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Paris, FRAzzedine Alaia sleeveless flared dress in black with white polka dot print Fitted upper which extends into a flared full skirt Concealed back zip Size: FR 36 with plenty of stretch...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Christian Dior Resort 2018 brown cream floral print corset bustier midi dressBy Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior Resort 2018 Cream midi length dress with brown floral print Boned corset upper with underwire cups Button up front which is f...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses
- Oscar de la Renta 2007 Runway Look Brown Ruffle Trim Sun DressBy Oscar De La RentaLocated in San Francisco, CAOscar de la Renta brown pencil dress with raw edged ruffle trim. Grosgrain trim circles the bodice. Boned at bodice for shape. Back zip and hook and eye. Seen in another color in L...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Casual Dresses
- Adolfo 1970s Three Piece Red and Metallic Midi or Maxi Skirt and Tank Dress SetBy AdolfoLocated in San Francisco, CAThree piece vintage Adolfo burgundy red and metallic floral brocade skirt(s) and top set, circa 1970s- 80s, ensures you're set for any occasion! Pair the the bodice with the long ski...Category
1970s American Evening Dresses
- Richard Tyler Couture Autumn Floral Printed Silk Chiffon DressBy Richard Tyler Couture, Richard TylerLocated in New Hope, PARichard Tyler has chosen an interesting micro pleated autumnal silk chiffon for this chic cocktail dress. This gives the dress enough room to just slip on over your head. It has a ro...Category
1990s American Cocktail Dresses
- Carven Long Velvet Dress, Circa 1975By CarvenLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1975 France Long dress with loose skirt and brown velvet with golden glitter glued in geometric patterns and houndstooth. Open shirt collar on narrow and rectangular chest. Z...Category
1970s French Cocktail DressesFree Shipping