S/S 1992 Thierry Mugler Sheer Black Linen Tie Slit Maxi Flare Western Dress
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: FR38 (EU)Bust: 35 in (88.9 cm)Waist: 29 in (73.66 cm)Hip: 41 in (104.14 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Light wear from age and use throughout. Fabric tag removed, feels like linen.
- Seller Location:Philadelphia, PA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2388216716122
Mugler, who went by Manfred in recent years, founded his brand in 1973 with his first personal collection. By the late 1990s, he was more famous for his fragrances, thanks to the brand’s best seller Angel. But the designer’s vintage evening gowns and dresses have recently returned to red carpets, worn by stars like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B.
Thierry Mugler’s penchant for performance, drama and costuming came from his background in ballet, having danced as a teenager with the Opéra national du Rhin in his hometown of Strasbourg, France. In the 1980s and ’90s, his couture shows were theatrical and futuristic, similar to those of his contemporaries Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Lacroix. In one of Mugler’s shows, the then-pregnant legendary supermodel Pat Cleveland (part of the coterie of glamorous muses associated with designer Halston) was suspended from the ceiling and then glided down the runway surrounded by clouds of smoke. Mugler would become known for his immaculate tailoring as well as for his increasingly avant-garde designs that featured sharp cuts, sexy and fetishistic elements, an integration of metal and uniquely treated materials like PVC and leather.
Recent years have seen Mugler’s archival designs, especially from his 1995 haute couture show, take center stage, coinciding with the resurgence of camp in fashion and the return of bodycon dresses. The brand’s roster of clients has included some of the most visionary figures in fashion, from David Bowie and Diana Ross to Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, and the founder’s influence on over-the-top fashion can be seen in the work of designers such as Jeremy Scott and Alexander McQueen.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- 1990s Bill Blass Couture Black Bow Sleeveless Cocktail DressBy Bill BlassLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an elegant vintage Bill Blass little black dress. From the 1990s, this elegant dress features a v-neckline lined in lace, a bow that wraps around the waist, and...Category
1990s American Cocktail Dresses
- NWT F/W 2005 Roberto Cavalli Runway Sculptural Velvet Satin Bustier Flare DressBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sculptural black Roberto Cavalli dress. From the Fall/Winter 2005 collection, this dress was part of runway look number 56 on Jaunel McKenzie. This versatile ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 1989 Valentino Garavani Ad Campaign Black Sheer Panel Bodycon Cocktail DressBy Valentino, Valentino GaravaniLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful black sheer Valentino Garavani cocktail dress. From the Spring/Summer 1989 collection, this fabulous dress was highlighted in the season's ad campai...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Early 2000s Gianni Versace by Donatella Black Stretch Cowl Neck Panel GownBy Donatella Versace for Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful black Gianni Versace Couture gown, designed by Donatella Versace. From the early 2000s, this effortlessly chic and sexy gown...Category
Early 2000s Italian Maxi Dresses
- 1980s Pierre Cardin Haute Couture Navy Printed Silk Kimono Sleeve DressBy Pierre Cardin Couture, Pierre CardinLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a fabulous kimono-inspired dress designed by Pierre Cardin in the 1980s for his Haute Couture line. The cinched waistline hooks together at the left hip, creati...Category
1980s French Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 1998 Gucci by Tom Ford G Buckle Runway Halter Neck Black Stretch DressBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sexy formfitting halter neck dress, designed by Tom Ford for Gucci's Spring/Summer 1998 collection. This piece debuted on the runway as look 4 and features a ...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Vintage S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Red Velvet Chain Strap Backless DressBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway- second photo is Kate Moss wearing the dress in Harpers Bazaar CONDITION: Good- The origi...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 1999 Atelier Versace Runway Patent Leather Crystal Embellished Mini DressBy Donatella Versace, Atelier VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1999 Atelier Versace runway CONDITION: Good- no flaws! MATERIAL: Patent leather w...Category
1990s Italian Mini Dresses
- 2000s Anthony Vaccarello for Versus Versace Strapless DressBy VersaceLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe Sexiest Cocktail Dress Is Here! Circa late 2000s, this dress is designed by Anthony Vaccarello who created a capsule collection for Versus Versace from 2014-2016. This mini strap...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dresses
- Chanel Embellished Green Sheath Mini DressBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet your hands on this rare and unique beauty today! Seriously, try to find this anywhere else! From none other than Karl Lagerfeld designed for the 2008 Spring line. This Chanel sheath mini dress is featured in a cool sage green with luxe brooch embellishments. Don't miss the adorable details of the embellishments like the little sparkly heels...Category
Early 2000s Italian Mini Dresses
- Chanel Cashmere Knit Plane Pins Navy Blue DressBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZKnits aren't what your grandma used to make back in the 80s! This elegant Chanel knitted dress circa 2008 is crafted from navy blue cotton-cashmere-silk blend, with a sailor collar and a chest detail, embellished with gradient-sized silver-toned metal plane pins. We love grandma, but it's best if she leaves the knitting to Chanel. Featuring a knitted style, a ribbed design, a sailor collar, a front zip fastening, a long-sleeve design, a fitted skirt, a short length and three silver plane pins on the chest. Please be mindful that this piece has led a previous life, and may tell its story through minor imperfection. This would be perfect paired with some Christian Dior sneakers...Category
Early 2000s Mini Dress
Recently ViewedView All
You Saw It at the Met Ball. Here’s What Camp Fashion Is Really About
This year's Costume Institute exhibition is all about embracing the eccentric.
Barbra Streisand Channeled Klimt’s ‘Woman in Gold’ in This Shimmering Dress
Costumer to the stars Ray Aghayan brought the famed painting to life with his spectacular design.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery