S/S 1997 Dolce & Gabbana Sheer Cheetah Print Full-Length Cardigan Dress Fur
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: IT38 (EU)Bust: 32 in (81.28 cm)Waist: 26 in (66.04 cm)Hip: 34 in (86.36 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 53.5 in (135.89 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Light wear from age and use throughout.
- Seller Location:Philadelphia, PA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2388215522852
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- S/S 1990 Norma Kamali Runway Green Ruched Stretch Flare Mini DressBy Norma KamaliLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a figure-hugging ruched flare dress designed by Norma Kamali for her Spring/Summer 1990 "Moon Motel" collection. This dress debuted in the season's runway prese...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 2002 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Ad Suede Heart Belted DressBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PAThe RealList presents: An absolutely fabulous tan suede dress from Gucci's Spring/Summer 2002 collection, designed by Tom Ford. Constructed purely of suede, this dress debuted on the season's runway and features a tie closure at the top as well as a suede wrap-around belt adorned with hearts at both ends to tie the waist. The dress is simple and sexy, with two slits on either side. This dress was also featured in the season's ad campaign on Rie Rasmussen, photographed by Terry Richardson...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- F/W 2002 Gianni Versace by Donatella Sheer Black Lace Backless Camel Mini DressBy Donatella Versace for Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a flirty backless halter top dress designed by Donatella for Gianni Versace Couture. The black cut-out lace pattern debuted on similar dresses in the men's Fall...Category
Early 2000s Italian Mini Dress
- S/S 2002 Gianni Versace by Donatella Sheer Pop Art Print Strapless DressBy Donatella Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a pop art-inspired Gianni Versace dress designed by Donatella Versace. This strapless dress features a ruched bust with a tiered sheer mesh skirt...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- F/W 2002 Gianni Versace by Donatella Psychedelic Print Sheer Strapless DressBy Gianni Versace Couture, Donatella VersaceLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a psychedelic print quilted strapless Gianni Versace Couture dress, designed by Donatella Versace. This gorgeous dress debuted on the Fall/Winter 2002 runway as...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- F/W 2001 Dolce & Gabbana Cheetah Print Halter Neck Scarf Tie Backless DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a formfitting beige light brown Dolce and Gabbana halter neck dress with a cheetah print necktie. From the Fall/Winter 2001 collection, this dress is semi-ruche...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- Azzedine Alaia black white polka dot sleeveless flare babydoll mini dress FR 36By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Paris, FRAzzedine Alaia sleeveless flared dress in black with white polka dot print Fitted upper which extends into a flared full skirt Concealed back zip Size: FR 36 with plenty of stretch...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Christian Dior Resort 2018 brown cream floral print corset bustier midi dressBy Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior Resort 2018 Cream midi length dress with brown floral print Boned corset upper with underwire cups Button up front which is f...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses
- Oscar de la Renta 2007 Runway Look Brown Ruffle Trim Sun DressBy Oscar De La RentaLocated in San Francisco, CAOscar de la Renta brown pencil dress with raw edged ruffle trim. Grosgrain trim circles the bodice. Boned at bodice for shape. Back zip and hook and eye. Seen in another color in L...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Casual Dresses
- Adolfo 1970s Three Piece Red and Metallic Midi or Maxi Skirt and Tank Dress SetBy AdolfoLocated in San Francisco, CAThree piece vintage Adolfo burgundy red and metallic floral brocade skirt(s) and top set, circa 1970s- 80s, ensures you're set for any occasion! Pair the the bodice with the long ski...Category
1970s American Evening Dresses
- Carven Long Velvet Dress, Circa 1975By CarvenLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1975 France Long dress with loose skirt and brown velvet with golden glitter glued in geometric patterns and houndstooth. Open shirt collar on narrow and rectangular chest. Z...Category
1970s French Cocktail DressesFree Shipping
- 1970s Louis Feraud Couture Tan Lace Floral Embroidered DressBy Louis FeraudLocated in San Francisco, CALouis Feraud 1970s haute couture light brown lace dress in a 1920s style drop waist silhouette. Amazing embroidered lace and hand finished seam allowa...Category
1970s French Cocktail Dresses