Items Similar to Sleeveless Chiffon Trumpet Dress with Embroidered Illusion Bodice, 1920s View More
Sleeveless Chiffon Trumpet Dress with Embroidered Illusion Bodice, 1920s
Unlike many 1920s dresses, the embellishment on this piece may not be immediately obvious. Closer inspection reveals that the dropped bodice is actually entirely horizontally pintucked and joined to the skirt with a zigzag waist seam. A fetching opaque sweetheart bust and plunging back are offset by delicate illusion lace and finished with a string of crewelwork roses across the front and back bodice. Ultra-feminine and delicate. Midi-length sleeveless trumpet dress with gentle V neckline and illusion lace at chest and upper back. 2-layer dress features silk georgette underslip with sweetheart illusion bodice and plunging illusion back; chiffon top layer features horizontal pintucking from bust to dropped waist, where bodice is joined to skirt with a zigzag seam. Inset side opening with a series of snap and hook and eye closures; both layers trimmed in scalloped lace at hemline. fabric: silk chiffon, silk georgette, lace, nude net noteworthy: dry clean only alterations: invisibly repaired lace where necessary and mended more visible losses condition: very good with above repairs and a few pinprick holes in chiffon (see photos) measurements: neckline opening: 8 ½” across neckline plunge: 5 ½” from shoulder shoulders: 12” from outer shoulder edge to edge bust: 34” waist: 28” hips: 36” length: 44 ½” from shoulder; 39” from underarm sweep: 47” (underslip), 186” (outer layer) label: no label present size: no size tag present; comparable to modern size extra small
- In the Style OfDrop-Waist
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Material NotesGeorgetteSeamHook and eyeSnapPeek-a-booDartDrapeTuckSymmetricalEmbroideryNetFinishLaceSilk
- Condition DetailsInvisibly repaired lace where necessary and mended more visible losses, plus a handful of pinprick holes in chiffon (see photos)
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer).
- Seller LocationPhoenix, AZ
- Reference NumberLU86434548863
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Phoenix, AZ
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Velvet Contrast Coat Dress with Appliqué Collar...
1940s Princess Cut Dresses
Almost monastic in its simplicity, this unique coat dress maintains its femininity via full length princess seams that accentuate curves and encourage the skirt to swirl around the l...
Sheer Hollywood Regency Bias Wedding Gown with ...
1930s Wedding Dresses
You would be forgiven for thinking this is an uptight wedding gown because of its age and sleeves. Of course we would direct your attention to the transparent lace insets that discou...
Haute Couture Hooded Silk Sari Kaftan with Prov...
Hand-made in Tunisia from an Indian silk sari, this kaftan was originally owned by the wife of a State Department ensign in the Nixon administration. Still not impressed? She wore ...
Floral Voile Halter Sundress with Rhinestone Sh...
1950s Ballerina Day Dresses
Wearable with a halter or strapless neckline, this romantic sundress would be the perfect ensemble for a breezy garden party or summer wedding. Ideal for larger busts, the ample shel...