- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
97 Chanel Black Boucle Wool Double Breasted with Mother of Pearl Buttons Jacket
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Unworn Vintage Fall 1998 Chanel Dark Navy Boucle Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel dark navy boucle wool jacket from 1998 A/W collection. - Two front "CC" buttons flap and two side open pockets in front. - "Chanel Paris" button and one "CC" but...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Classic Black Wool Silver "CC" Buttons JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel classic black wool jacket from 1996 pre-collection. - Featuring silver "CC" buttons fastening in front and cuff. - Straight line cutting with shoulder pad. - ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Black Wool Waist Chain Collarless JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black wool waist chain collarless jacket from 1998 pre-collection. Featuring a silver toned chain connects throughout the waistline with two "CC" at the ends. A silv...Category
- Fall 2003 Chanel Grey Denim with Wool Sleeves JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel grey denim with wool sleeves jacket from 2003 A/W collection. Featuring three black "Chanel Paris" buttons closure, four front pockets with black toned hardware "CC" button ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- 1998 Chanel Black Tweed Wool with White Knitted Net Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black tweed wool with white knitted net double breasted jacket from year 1998 pre collection. Featuring double breasted black "CC" 01 42 86 28 00" buttons and one bu...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Warm Chanel Brown Suede with Sheepskin Fur Lining JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel brown suede with sheepskin fur lining jacket from Fall 1999 "Identification" collection. Featuring fur trims on the outside of the jacket and copper "Chanel" zip cl...Category
1990s Jackets$1,300 Sale Price34% Off
- Chanel 2000s Black & Navy BlazerBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZFor all the Chanel lovers! Circa recent 2000s, this black and navy woven blazer features a deep v-neck with a notched collar, two front square pockets, and matching enamel CC buttons...Category
2010s French Blazers
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Black/Gold JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA jacket straight off the Runway as this is a rare and coveted find! This jacket is simply immaculate! Not only is this beautifully embellished, printed, and embroidered, but has a g...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Vintage 1995 CHANEL Navy Blue Tweed Lucky Charm Button JacketBy ChanelLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1995 CHANEL Navy Blue Tweed Lucky Charm Button Jacket Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 15.74 inches (40 cm) Sleeves: 21.45 inches ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Black jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base. See-through on the back of the top. SIZE :MCategory
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Black officier's style jacket with double row of buttons ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack officier's style jacket with double row of branded buttons. Size 34 (XS)Category
2010s French Jackets
- Double-breasted navy blue cotton jacket Chanel BoutiqueBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRDouble-breasted navy blue cotton jacket.Top-stitched edge (Collar, pockets, sleeves edge) . Branded buttons. Shoulder pads. Silk branded lining. SIZE 42Category
Early 2000s French Double-Breasted Jackets