Alexander McQueen embroidered tailored 'Sarabande' jacket, c. 2007
About the Item
British fashion designer Lee Alexander McQueen, the original creative engine behind the Alexander McQueen label, was beloved for his expert tailoring and theatrical runway shows. After his suicide in 2010, fans left tributes to the man and his talents outside Alexander McQueen boutiques worldwide. Record-breaking crowds visited the posthumous retrospective of the designer’s work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the Victoria and Albert in London.
McQueen’s inspirations came from many quarters — film, music, current events, history, his heritage and fashions of the past. His runway presentations were not just displays of clothing but were personal expressions of the zeitgeist, often touching on our cultural anxieties and concerns. McQueen’s own thoughts and feelings about love, death, gender, genocide, colonialism, global warming and the extinction of species all appear in his pieces.
“What you see in the work is the person himself. And my heart is in my work,” McQueen told Harper’s Bazaar in 2007. It is perhaps this heart, and the heart’s exposure, that drew the crowds and made McQueen creations both popular and emotionally resonant. Because the work was personal and thus layered with feeling, the motifs — decorative embellishments and fabric choices — have meaning. In other words, in McQueen’s oeuvre, plaid is more than simply a pattern.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Gucci by Tom Ford white quilted mink fur jacket, fw 2000By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in London, GB▪ Gucci white mink fur jacket ▪ Designed by Tom Ford ▪ Funnel neck ▪ Off-centre front zip fastening ▪ Gold hardware ▪ IT 40 - FR 36 - UK 8 - ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Gianni Versace white leather backless lace up fringed jacket, ss 2002By Gianni Versace, VersaceLocated in London, GB▪ Gianni Versace white leather jacket ▪ Open back with leather lace-up fastening ▪ Leather fringes on sleeves, cuffs and waist ▪ Braided leather detail on seams ▪ Zip front faste...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Givenchy by Alexander McQueen grey cashmere wool and fox fur jacket, fw 1999By Alexander McQueen, GivenchyLocated in London, GB▪ Givenchy grey wool fitted zip-up jacket ▪ Designed by Alexander McQueen ▪ 90% Wool, 10% Cashmere ▪ 100% Fox ▪ Lining: 100% Silk ▪ Zip fastening at centre front and cuffs ▪ Fox f...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Margiela trompe l'oeil printed jersey jacket, ss 1996By Maison Martin MargielaLocated in London, GBMartin Margiela jersey open jacket with trompe l'oeil digital print. Can be styled open or close with a safety pin. Spring-Summer 1996Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- Worlds End dove grey cotton gauze oversized 'Punkature' jacket, ss 1983By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GBWorlds End by Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren; Oversized dove grey cotton gauze jacket. Extra long sleeves, inverted frayed seams and square cut shoulders. Worn open with no cl...Category
1980s British Jackets
- Vivienne Westwood unisex multicoloured striped satin evening jacket S/S 1993By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GBSpring-Summer 1993Category
1990s British Jackets
- 1980's Escada Couture Gold Sequins JacketBy EscadaLocated in Amsterdam, NLRare Escada Couture gold/silver /black/bronze fully sequins ladies evening/party jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: ...Category
20th Century German Dinner Jackets
- Sophie of Saks Sophie Gimbel Grey 1960s Skirt Suit in Grey and White Fuzzy WeaveBy Sophie GimbelLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1960s Sophie of Saks skirt suit in a super textured grey and white weave. Textured brassy colored metal buttons. Side zip and hook and loop clos...Category
1960s Unknown Skirt Suits
- Alexander McQueen New Grey and Pink Striped Jacket F/W 1999By Alexander McQueenLocated in Water Mill, NYA grey and pink gradated striped wool jacket by Alexander McQueen. It is double breasted with grey buttons at front and 3 at each cuff. There is light shoulder padding, flap pocket...Category
1990s Italian Double-Breasted Jackets
- S/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk JacketBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXS/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk Jacket IT Size 44 90% Silk, 10% Spandex New, in immaculate condition with tags attached.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
- Chanel Light Blue Jacquard Zip-Up Track Jacket MBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2How fabulous does this Chanel jacket look! It is made of fine materials and features long sleeves. Pair it with pants and sneakers for a cool look.Category
2010s French Jackets
- Louis Vuitton Grey Windbreaker Spring Jacket 61lz715sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA36929 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 21" Width: .2" Height: 29" OVERALL EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 9/10 or A ) Shoulders: 18" Pit to Pit: 21" Sleeve ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Recently ViewedView All
This Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Ensemble Is Part Zsa Zsa Gabor, Part ‘Blade Runner’
As Burton steps away from the brand, it’s a fitting time to revisit one of her visionary designs.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?