Chanel 6K Drake Style Dallas Runway Poncho
View Similar Items
Chanel 6K Drake Style Dallas Runway Poncho
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Dubai Black Lesage Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AEFabulous Chanel black tweed jacket / coat made of precious tweed de Atelier Lesage. From Paris / DUBAI 2015 Cruise Collection by Mr Karl Lagerfeld. Retail price over 8,800€ The jacke...Category
2010s Jackets$2,373Free Shipping
- Chanel Coco Brasserie New Runway JacketBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AENew bright Chanel checked jacket from Runway of Coco Brasserie Collection by Mr Karl Lagerfeld. Comes with tag attached. Size mark 44 FR. - CC logo camellia buttons - tonal silk lini...Category
2010s Jackets$2,534Free Shipping
- Chanel Fashion Manifesto New Runway JacketBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AENew Chanel jacket with floral pattern from Runway of 2015 Spring / Fashion Manifesto / Collection. - comes with tags attached. Size mark 44 FR - CC logo 'brick' buttons - full silk l...Category
2010s Jackets$2,966Free Shipping
- Chanel 2.55 Turnlock Shearling JacketBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AESuper rare Chanel shearling quilted leather jacket with iconic 2.55 turnlock closures. Retail price was about 14,000 € Fully lines with silk with camellias. Size mark 34 fr. The ite...Category
2010s Jackets$4,584Free Shipping
- Chanel New-York Collection Tweed Jacket with CamelliasBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AEAbsolutely stunning Chanel lesage tweed jacket with Camellias from Paris / NEW-YORK Collection, 2006 Metiers d'Art Size mark 46 FR. Kept unworn, pristine condition. Masterpiece detai...Category
2010s Jackets$3,074Free Shipping
- Chanel Dallas Collection Faux Leather JacketBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, AEChanel lined Cashmere jacket from Paris / DALLAS Metiers d’Art Collection by Mr Karl Lagerfeld lined layers of pure cashmere coat with faux-leather featuri...Category
2010s Jackets$1,186Free Shipping
- Vintage Mountain Rhythm Hippie Shearling JacketLocated in Oakland, CAIncredible hand-crafted shearling jacket from Mountain Rhythm. Antler button closure. The jacket has no size marking. The jacket is in very good vint...Category
1970s American Jackets
- Comme des Garcons Cropped Navy JacketBy Comme des GarçonsLocated in Oakland, CADeep navy blue Comme des Garcons cropped jacket. Basket weave texture with sheen to fabric. Cropped to hit at waist. Button closure. Front chest pockets. Adjustable side tab clo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Cropped Jackets
- Vintage 1990s Moschino Lucky 13 Black Cat Blazer JacketBy Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Oakland, CAThis is a vintage Moschino jacket with a "luck"-motif, with bright pop-art stylings. There are 3 front buttons and two front pockets. The colors are yellow, white and black, with red...Category
1990s Italian Blazers
- Gucci Black Silk Scoop Neck Blazer JacketBy GucciLocated in Oakland, CAThis is a vintage Gucci black silk jacket with gold-tone logo buttons. Made in Italy. From the store tags I believe this was made in 2005 though I'm not c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
- Moschino Couture Intricately Woven & Beaded Tassel JacketBy MoschinoLocated in Oakland, CAVintage Moschino Couture jacket. Outstanding details throughout. Handwoven and hand beaded. Basket weave of different textures and colors. Wooden beaded trim and net-like overlay on ...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Single-Breasted Jackets
- Kenzo Black Embellished Beaded JacketBy KenzoLocated in Oakland, CABlack Kenzo fitted jacket. Mixed media embroidered and beaded hearts, floral motif and front swirl. Embellishments include sliver and clear beads, flat silver discs, Metallic emb...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery