Chanel Cream & Black Quilted Bomber Jacket
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Cream & Black Quilted Bomber Jacket
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Couture Cashmere CoatBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZPhotos does not do this coat justice! This is a substantial piece of wool and cashmere draped perfectly to create a flowing and elegant coat. It is impeccably tailored to give the mo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Black/Gold JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA jacket straight off the Runway as this is a rare and coveted find! This jacket is simply immaculate! Not only is this beautifully embellished, printed, and embroidered, but has a g...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Wool Beige Tweed Long CoatBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis highly-tailored Chanel dream will leave you feeling your best! If you are not one who likes to be swallowed by your winter-wear, this is the perfect coat for you! Vintage from t...Category
Early 2000s French Coats and Outerwear
- Phenomenon 2000s Red Kimono TailcoatLocated in Scottsdale, AZAdd this streetwear piece to your collection! Circa mid 2000s, this Kimono tailcoat is designed by Takeshi Osumi for his streetwear brand Phenomenon. Jacket has a bright red exterior...Category
2010s Japanese Coats and Outerwear
- Moschino Graphic Organza DusterBy Moschino, Jeremy ScottLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis graphic Moschino 90s duster will make you feel feminine and fashionable with ease. This can be thrown over a basic dress and heels for a night out, over your Sunday hang-out clo...Category
2010s American Shawls
- Missoni Vintage Multicolor Oversized CoatBy MissoniLocated in Scottsdale, AZGive it up for the most amazing vintage Missoni coat! From the 1980's, in great condition, this is ready for a new home. This highly textured and ultra-plush coat will get you throug...Category
1980s Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Sport Gorgeous Tank Top With Cc LogosBy ChanelLocated in Hoffman Estates, ILChanel Sport gorgeous tank top with CC logos. Specifications: Size: 36Category
Early 2000s French Sleeveless Shirts
- Rare Runway Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Dreamy Diaphanous Diva GownBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Los Angeles, CAHaute Couture Gaultier hooded hourglass evening dress swathed in a 2 tone grey and soft peach silk. Pale grey silk chiffon tails fall lightly against the dress. The look is an ev...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Gowns
- Chanel Haute Couture ivory lace wedding dress, c. 1960sBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Haute Couture ivory lace wedding dress with corseted bodice, cap sleeves, trained skirt and silk lining. c. 1960sCategory
1960s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Fall 1997 CHRISTIAN DIOR by GALLIANO BLUE WOOL/SILK COAT Size Fr 42 - US 10By Christian DiorLocated in Montgomery, TXCHRISTIAN DIOR Christian Dior blue coat is made of wool. Two front pockets. Mink fur trim on collar, sleeves and pockets. Fastening with large silver buttons. Good condition. 1...Category
1990s French Coats$7,800 Sale Price20% Off
- Dior by John Galliano Spring 2003 Punk Swarovski Sunglasses in ClearBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Prague, CZClear framed Dior Punk Swarovski Limited Edition sunglasses. Excellent vintage condition, come in the original Dior case.Category
Early 2000s Sunglasses
- Chanel 2004 Limited Edition Runway Hooded Leather Sport Biker Jacket M US8 FR 40By ChanelLocated in Miami, FLRare Chanel 2004 Limited Edition CC Runway Hooded Leather Sport Biker Jacket Size: Medium, US8, FR40 As seen on runway and Victoria Beckham (with white piping) Soft black lambskin...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- F/W 1994 Chanel Documented Runway Black & White Faux Fur Cropped JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 1994 Chanel runway CONDITION: Good- No holes or stains! FABRIC: faux fur COUNTRY MADE: France SIZE: 38 MEASUREMENTS; provided as a courtesy only- not a guarantee of fi...Category
1990s French Coats
- F/W 2008 Chanel Runway Black Metallic Tweed Shearling Coat JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 2008 Chanel Runway Please contact us for more images and/or information. CONDITION: Good- Feels hardly worn if at all but there is one pulled thread inside at the hem...Category
Early 2000s French Coats
- Chanel Fall 1998 brown & white tweed wool long pleated maxi jacket dress coatBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRChanel Fall 1998 by Karl Lagerfeld Full length brown, beige and white tweed coat in wool Pleated design Detachable rope belt with brass tone caps to each end engraved with the Chan...Category
- Vintage 1930 Chanel Haute Couture Documented Velvet Scarf-Neck Sculpted CapeBy ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAChanel is known to be one of the most luxurious and decadent fashion houses in the world. This breathtaking and ultra rare documented evening cape from her 1930-31 collection is a pe...Category
1930s French Capes
- UNWORN Chanel Tweed & Sequins CC Logo Button Short Coat Jacket Blazer 42By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful CHANEL tweed coat jacket A true CHANEL signature item that will last you for many years Stunning colors A truly versatile piece, can be worn as blazer, jacket or short coa...Category
Early 2000s French Coats$2,449 Sale Price30% Off
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.