- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dior Fitted Suede Jacket with Metal Detail
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
John Galliano for Christian Dior
Known for introducing rich theatricality and memorable fashion spectacles to the runway, John Galliano has enjoyed a singular career. The audacious British designer has garnered universal acclaim for genre-breaking collections not only at his eponymous label but also for Christian Dior.
From his embroidered absinthe-green Oscars gown for actress Nicole Kidman to the iconic sleeveless newspaper-print dress that Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw made famous, Galliano’s intricate and multifaceted work is reliably newsworthy, drawing on history as often as it embodies a fresh and forward-looking sensibility, and over the years the designer has helped shape an ever-broadening new legion of enthusiasts for Parisian couture.
Born in Gibraltar but raised in South London by strict Roman Catholic working-class parents, Galliano attended the all-boys Church of England grammar school, where his flamboyance and interest in art attracted the attention of bullies. Eventually, Galliano ended up at the prestigious design and art school Central Saint Martins College (then called Saint Martin’s School of Art), where fellow British designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen also trained.
Galliano flourished at Central Saint Martins. While a student, he worked in the costume department at the National Theatre in London. His graduate collection in 1984, dubbed “Les Incroyables” and named for post–French Revolution fashion lovers, was modeled by close friends of his and earned a standing ovation. The line ended up in the storefront windows of London luxury boutique Brown’s on South Molton Street, and Galliano’s first official collection — after he graduated — debuted at Paris Fashion Week in 1989.
In the early 1990s, Galliano’s relationship with his financial backer, Plein Sud’s Faycal Amor, ended, and by 1994, he was broke and sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and then-Vanity Fair editor André Leon Talley stepped in and introduced the budding designer to Portuguese socialite and fashion patron São Schlumberger and others. At Schlumberger’s Hôtel Particulier, Galliano’s shows became the stuff of fashion legend. His collection, a blend of Japanese modernist style as well as nostalgia for Art Deco and 1940s’ tailoring, earned raves in glossy magazines and garnered the attention of Princess Diana, Madonna and other fashion luminaries.
Once the Galliano name was well known among the world’s most stylish set, the chairperson of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, appointed Galliano head designer of French fashion house Givenchy. One year later, in 1996, LVMH moved him to the design team at Dior. In just eight weeks, Galliano produced 50 looks for Dior Haute Couture’s brilliant Spring/Summer 1997 Maasai collection and would ultimately design a mind-boggling eight collections a year for the storied French fashion house until 2011. Today, Galliano is the creative director of Maison Margiela.
- Alexander McQueen Sequined JacketBy Alexander McQueenLocated in New York, NYAlwxander McQueen, bronze toned sequined, fitted, blazer/jacket with shawl like collar, 2 button closure and flap pockets.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Blazers
- Yves Saint Laurent Couture Evening JacketBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in New York, NYYves Saint Laurent Couture, floral pattern in a copper tone, with gold detail, collarless belted , semi fitted evening jacket. Black faceted jet button closures.Category
1980s French Dinner Jackets
- Galanos Embellished Tweed Fitted JacketBy James GalanosLocated in New York, NYGalanos, red and black with subtle touches of grey, wool, tweed, fitted, evening jacket having black, jet beading, embroidered in a diamond pattern. Jacket has a silk, quilted, shawl...Category
1980s American Dinner Jackets
- Missoni Knit Blouson JacketBy MissoniLocated in New York, NYMissoni, neutral toned, wool knit, blouson jacket ,having a middle front zipper closure with a high collar , ribbed cuffs and hem, and vertical hidden side pockets. C. 1970's.Category
1970s Italian Jackets
- Gianfranco Ferre Beaded Evening JacketBy Gianfranco FerréLocated in New York, NYGianfranco Ferre, evening jacket/cardigan heavily encrusted with beads and embroidery. Composed of silver metallic beading, vertically placed, embellished with large metallic scarab ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Dinner Jackets
- Isabel Toledo Embroidered BlazerBy Isabel ToledoLocated in New York, NYIsabel Toledo, black, fitted blazer in a loose weave black cotton, with metallic embroidered detail. Jacket is lined in silk having, large patch pockets and a 2 button closure.Category
Early 2000s American Blazers
- John Galliano Button Down Wool Cashmere Jacket baby blueBy John Galliano, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Bilbao, ESJohn Galliano Button Down Wool Cashmere Jacket Material: 75% Wool 25% Cashmere Bust: 18.5" Sleeves:25" Shoulders:15.5" Length: 23" Our Company Fashion Division is specialized in Euro...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Sport Jackets
- Christian Dior by John Galliano brown and cream suede dress and jacket, fw 1999By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior brown suede maxi dress and blazer jacket ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Laser-cut design ▪ Cream lace trim ▪ Silk lining ▪ FR 38 - UK 10 - US 6Category
1990s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- S/S 2003 Christian Dior by John Galliano Suede Lace Up Jacket Pants Suit SetBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a luxurious suede jacket and pant set designed by John Galliano for Christian Dior's Spring/Summer 2003 collection. Seldom found as a set, these pieces feature ...Category
Early 2000s French Trouser Pant Suits$2,621 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2004 Christian Dior by John Galliano Cheetah Print Fur Zip Hooded JacketBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a stunning cheetah print rabbit fur Christian Dior Boutique oversized coat, designed by John Galliano. From the Fall/Winter 2004 'gambler' collection, the cheet...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets$13,125 Sale Price25% Off
- Christian Dior by John Galliano pink suede and lace dress and jacket, fw 2000By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior pink suede and lace slip dress and jacket set ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Calais lace inserts, skirt, and trim ▪ Spaghetti straps ▪ Silk lining ▪ Handkerchief he...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Christian Dior by John Galliano Tan Beige Camel Hair Blazer Jacket 42By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning piece designed by Christian Dior Gorgeous jacket in a beautiful color that matches everything Made of finest camel hair combined with knit details Two front pockets Closes...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets$1,649 Sale Price45% Off