- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Unworn and Rare 97 Chanel Green Wool and Mohair Tweed Jacket
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Unworn And Unique Chanel Green Wool Gripoix Jacket from Fall 1996By ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel green wool mandarin collar jacket from fall 1996 collection. Still look fresh and great after twenty years! - Featuring eleven gripoix front buttons closing and three gr...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,355Free Shipping
- 94 Chanel Green Boucle Wool Collarless Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel green boucle wool collarless double-breasted fastening jacket from fall 1994 collection. The shoulder colour is slightly different than the rest of the jacket. - F...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Green Tweed 3/4 Length Sleeves JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel green, white , black tweed jacket from 2006 cruise collection. - 3/4 length sleeves. - Silver buttons hardware closure. - Two front pockets. - Green silk "CC" camell...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- 97 Chanel Black Boucle Wool Double Breasted with Mother of Pearl Buttons JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black boucle wool double breasted with mother of pearl buttons jacket from pre1997 collection. After 20 years, this jacket still look amazing and not outdated! The j...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel White and Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel white and pink tweed jacket from 1997 pre-collection. - Featuring four front pockets, front, and cuff with pink gold-toned "CC" buttons closure. - SIze 42. - 4...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,550Free Shipping
- Vintage Spring 1998 Chanel Pink/White Tweed SuitBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel pink/white tweed suit from spring 1998. - Gold hardware “CC” buttons closure. - Four front pockets. - Boxy straight cut. - Silk “CC” lining with gold chain. ...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Vintage Green Tweed Jacket, France, 1990sBy ChanelLocated in Praha 2, Hlavní město PrahaChanel vintage green tweed jacket, made in France, 1990s. Date of manufacture: 1990s Origin: France Material: cotton, wool, silk Size: please note that the size of this jacket has b...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Iconic Chanel 1994 Yellow & Lime Pastels Lesage Tweed Jacket - Museum Piece 40By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Chanel jacket In the famous Chanel fantasy tweed fabric produced by Maison Lesage From the 1994 collection Seen on topmodels like Christy and Naomi and singer Mariah Carey ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Boutique Lime Green Sequin Embellished Velvet Open Front Cropped Jacket MBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Your everyday wardrobe will now get a stylish update with this cropped jacket from Chanel Boutique! The lime green creation is made of velvet and features an open front design and a ...Category
2010s French Cropped Jackets
- Collector CHANEL Jacket in Green Anise and Light Green Tweed Size 44FRBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRCollector! Chanel Cruise 2004 Collection. Jacket in anise green and light green tweed, with two zipped pockets at the front. Details: three hearts (two padded), a four-leaf clover a...Category
Early 2000s French Vests
- Chanel Vintage 1992 Single Breasted Coral JacketBy ChanelLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAChanel Vintage S/S 1992 Single Breasted Coral Jacket Size 40 Great Condition Two real Pockets, Two Faux Pockets Wool and Nylon with Silk LiningCategory
1990s French Single-Breasted Jackets$1,100 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Single-Breasted 1980's Navy BlazerBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZChanel collectors right this way! You will be pulling this out everyday as this is a staple that belongs in everyones closet! This is a single-breasted blazer with a single gold butt...Category
1980s Italian Blazers